Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I actually like the Hybrid emblems but seeing it without them it's such a clean look. Nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have thought about removing the hybrid emblems, but it might be a safety issue if the Emergency Response Team needs to cut the car up to get me out of a wreck and don't realize it is a High Voltage Hybrid system!
Although, it does look AWESOME without them!
Might be worth it to go out with a Bang!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
I have thought about removing the hybrid emblems, but it might be a safety issue if the Emergency Response Team needs to cut the car up to get me out of a wreck and don't realize it is a High Voltage Hybrid system!
Although, it does look AWESOME without them!
Might be worth it to go out with a Bang!
I have EV plates so I'm not as worried about that. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,277 Posts
I removed the dealership badge they put on. I like the hybrid badge.
I have a solution to dealership badges. I charge $1000 for advertising if they insist on keeping the badge. To date, all have removed them before acquisition.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry I meant getting window tint put on the car not the emblems. I just took my emblems off and I’m leaving them off.
ATMANBA, how did you remove the emblems? Did you just pull them off by hand or wedge something in between?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
I removed the dealership badge they put on. I like the hybrid badge.
I'm fine with the one located on the trunk. Just want to get rid of the 2 on the front driver/passenger side.
ATMANBA, how did you remove the emblems? Did you just pull them off by hand or wedge something in between?
After checking some youtube videos. You can use a hair dryer or soak the badge area in goo gone for awhile then use dental floss. I think I will give the goo gone & dental floss method a try once Boston gets a 70F day again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just took some dental floss and slowly pulled it back and forth. The floss kept breaking but it’s pretty easy. Then for the sticky substance that held the emblems on I just used my fingers to remove it.

Sorry for the late response I’m in nursing school so between that, work and a new baby I’ve been busy.

Sorry I meant getting window tint put on the car not the emblems. I just took my emblems off and I’m leaving them off.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your car looks great! So sleek and I bet the tint really helps keep the car cooler where you live.
It does look nice but I've been researching tint effect on car heat. While tint reduces the rate of heating, the car will reach the same temperature with tinted windows as without. Keep in mind darker color absorbs more heat. So now unless you opt for clear ceramic your windows are getting hot. Apparently the exterior color plays a bigger role than tinted windows. From what I understand, the best effect of tint may be while driving, to slow the heating enough that you can run your AC lower with more effective results. Also, it may be worth having tint/clear ceramic in the side windows to bump up the UV protection. Car manufacturers use windshields with great UV protection but not so great for the side windows, and this actually seems to be a health risk for melanoma.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts