Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, for the last couple of months I've had some issue where the driver side ac/converter or inverter, whatever it's called randomly shakes when I have the AC on and travel at low speeds 0 to 30 mph. Anyone have a similar issue? Dealer claims they cannot service as they cannot recreate the issue since the car needs to be driven for 1 hr before it starts showing symptoms.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
Video would be interesting. The only shaking I have experienced with my Insight is when the engine starts while motionless. That seems to be normal. Have not seen what you describe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Video would be interesting. The only shaking I have experienced with my Insight is when the engine starts while motionless. That seems to be normal. Have not seen what you describe.
I guess my video couldn't be attached to this thread but here is a Google drive link. 20210115_140947.mp4

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello everyone, for the last couple of months I've had some issue where the driver side ac/converter or inverter, whatever it's called randomly shakes when I have the AC on and travel at low speeds 0 to 30 mph. Anyone have a similar issue? Dealer claims they cannot service as they cannot recreate the issue since the car needs to be driven for 1 hr before it starts showing symptoms.
I have Not experienced this on my car but it most definitely does not seem normal. My advice is to make an appointment with the dealer and drive the car for an hour before taking it in. When you get there, insist that they send a technician to ride with you so he can see it as well. You can also show them the video so that they know what they are looking for. If everything else fails, go to a different dealer. Make sure you keep all paperwork that the service center gives you and make sure that your complaint is clearly documented. if your warranty runs out, before the problem is fixed, you can use the paperwork as evidence that the problem existed while under warranty and the service center failed to address it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Not experienced this on my car but it most definitely does not seem normal. My advice is to make an appointment with the dealer and drive the car for an hour before taking it in. When you get there, insist that they send a technician to ride with you so he can see it as well. You can also show them the video so that they know what they are looking for. If everything else fails, go to a different dealer. Make sure you keep all paperwork that the service center gives you and make sure that your complaint is clearly documented. if your warranty runs out, before the problem is fixed, you can use the paperwork as evidence that the problem existed while under warranty and the service center failed to address it.

Unfortunately, all this has been done with the exception of trying another dealer. Their excuse is they cannot do anything because they cannot recreate the issue. At some point the dealer contacted an engineer who told them it was normal lol. I answered with if it's normal then why can't your team replicate the issue? They said nothing they can do. I even have a ticket with Honda corporate but they are ignoring me as well only replied twice to me. Very frustrating.

Thank your for your suggestions though. I might just have to fight it in the future. Funny enough they recently sent a letter stating their AC system or condenser was not manufactured correctly and that their warranty was being extended. My car only has this issue with AC on. Wonder if it's connected somehow? Voltage issues?

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
Unfortunately, all this has been done with the exception of trying another dealer. Their excuse is they cannot do anything because they cannot recreate the issue. At some point the dealer contacted an engineer who told them it was normal lol. I answered with if it's normal then why can't your team replicate the issue? They said nothing they can do. I even have a ticket with Honda corporate but they are ignoring me as well only replied twice to me. Very frustrating.

Thank your for your suggestions though. I might just have to fight it in the future. Funny enough they recently sent a letter stating their AC system or condenser was not manufactured correctly and that their warranty was being extended. My car only has this issue with AC on. Wonder if it's connected somehow? Voltage issues?
The a/c is electrically driven. It must be the electrical draw that is causing the issue. It's bogging the engine which takes it's time to sort out the added load. I can understand it to some extent, but there is something greater at work in the electrical system. Nothing there would cause a check engine light, which is why there are no codes. I'd start with the batteries - both 12v and HV - and work back towards the a/c unit. I'm not a mechanic, so my though process may be dead wrong. In any event, neither of my Insights (2019 and 2021) would act like that with the engine already running.

Reactions: Lavash
1 - 8 of 8 Posts