Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Well, I am back into the Honda Hybrid family.
Started with a 2005 Civic Hybrid, then to the 2010 Insight.
I left for a bit because I needed a little "fun" under the hood yet didn't want to neglect mpg so did the VW TDI for awhile and then went to a lot more fun with a major loss to mpg with a GTI.

Now my commute requires (?) something with no clutch and a lot further range, so here I am with the new Insight! And to be frank, I didn't even know this car existed. I went to the dealer to look at the Accord Hybrid (which I did not care for), saw the Insight, drove it and said YES! It has been one month now and I still have not seen one other Insight on the road!

I have put a lot of miles onto hybrid vehicles and am an original "hyper-miler".
Like so many others on here, EPA MPG just isn't enough, gotta go for more. Every drive is a self-competition. :grin:

Looking forward to contributing and learning all that I can.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,065 Posts
Welcome! If you just bought it, you picked the exact right time of year. Warm weather and summer gas allow for some killer numbers. If you haven't yet, join fuelly.com to track progress (and put your overall in your signature). Which trim level did you get? This is a great group of people - very helpful. As for the Accord hybird, I have a friend who bought one. I wasn't impressed. If offered either for free, I'd still pick the Insight.

"Details, Jerry! We need details!" -G. Constanza

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Look forward to learning from your experiences.

Coming from the VW GTI, does the Insight feel 'peppy' enough? Or from your prior experience, did you already know what to expect performance/response-wise with a hybrid?

Also just curious... but are you in Hawaii (808 area code), no other Insights yet on the islands?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hasarad. I got the Touring for one reason only... seat warmers. While I live in CA, I have a terrible back and those babies are a dream for long commutes! Yes, warm weather is so significant in better MPG with these things. My old 2010 used to suffer in the winter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Insightfully.
No, not from the 808, only in spirit. I live in CA.
No comparison going from a car that can get from 0-60 in a few seconds to one that can do it in a few minutes.
Yes. I left the hybrid world several years ago because I needed some fun again, I knew full well what I was getting back into with the Insight. You don't buy these cars for "speed" performance, they are meant for "efficiency" performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts