Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My temp gauge is stuck at 72 degrees and hasn’t budged for an hour. It’s super hot outside and that is obviously not an accurate reflection. I tried turning car off and on but didn’t fix it.. I had my steering wheel control module reprogrammed a few days ago to the new Kenwood head unit but I don’t think that has anything to do with it.

Is there a way to do a hard reset of electronics without disconnecting aux battery? Any ideas?

Im hoping the electronics reset will fix it as I don’t want to have to pay Honda a diagnostic fee and then fix it (I guess if it’s too much, maybe just leave it and maybe it’ll correct itself down the line as it’s not the worst electronic malfunction that can happen)..
A3D2192E-9440-499F-843F-25FE356C6882.jpeg
78AC8FA1-84A9-4A64-BC46-F0CCDB2CE68E.jpeg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Excellent question... no clue. I would start with just disconnecting the sensor with the vehicle powered up, see what happens, then reconnect it.

Also, if you have a scan tool or Autozone will let you play with theirs. Normally that is a parameter that you can look up. The sensor might read fine, maybe something lost in translation between computers.

As for severity, your gas mix is adjusted by temperature amongst other things, so it might annoy you more than you think.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temporary malfunction...It’s back to normal. That was weird.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Here's how the manual describes outside temperature sensor/response (OM19, pg 134). It mentions it can take 'several minutes' for the "Outside Temperature Display" to update after the external temperature reading stabilizes. The exterior temperature sensor is located in the front bumper (though I have yet to see diagram on where this is mounted.)

A little separate but parallel topic (OM19, pg 231)... there are two interior sensors that manage the cabin temperature when using "Automatic Climate Control." One is located in the front interior dash, and the other is below the Power button. The two sensors interact with each other to manage the climate controls.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normal traffic (going above 19mph)..

I did go to a tunnel car wash that I haven’t been to before where you sit in your car and you're on a rack that slowly pushes your car forward... pretty intense car wash with all the brushes and liquids coming at you so fast... I then went to a supermarket for 15 minutes, came out and the malfunction happened.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Normal traffic (going above 19mph)..

I did go to a tunnel car wash that I haven’t been to before where you sit in your car and your on a rack that slowly pushes your car forward.. pretty intense car wash with all the brushes and liquids coming at you so fast..I then went to a supermarket for 15 minutes, came out and the malfunction happened.
That is what did it my man.. Especially if the sensor was still wet and the air was dry - it will not be accurate until it dries off. I've had the same thing when I go through a car wash. As stated earlier, it's in your bumper and it will not measure accurately until the water dissipates.. In AZ and other dry states, they use "swamp coolers" to the same effect.. They run water through pads and the dry air is sucked in from outside where it is hot, but the water cools it off.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,561 Posts
"Evaporative cooling"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts