Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a faraday bag for their key fob? Thinking it would be a good idea to have one to prevent break-in or theft from a criminal attempting to copy the signal from the key fob. I'm leaning towards this Mission Darkness offering:

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Darkness-Automobile-Enforcement-Anti-Hacking/dp/B01H1C21O2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546649458&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Mission+Darkness+Faraday+Bag+for+Keyfobs&psc=1

If you have had good experience with the above model or others, feel free to share your experiences.

Have also heard that the old steering wheel clubs are making a comeback as a result of this uptick in car thefts via key fob copying. Glad I didn't throw mine out from the 80's. :)

Also, the most stolen car and car most "wrecked" car in America is the Honda Civic. Hope the Insight doesn't make that list some day. Here is an entertaining video on that topic if you are interested:

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
I've looked into faraday cage(s) for the fob, but found most reviews cite failure with time because the metal woven material flexes and wears. It's not the fanciest concept, but I've considered more solid and durable materials to shield the fob (e.g. Altoids can-type enclosure).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts