1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice to see the 1.6% increase. But it also notes a 12.6% decrease in YTD sales next to last year's sales. I wonder what gives? Do you think they ought to advertise the
Insight?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
I'm surprise a new CR-Z got sold considering that vehicle got discontinued back in 2016. Also we probably will not see sales data for the CRV Hybrid unless Honda choose to disclose it like the Accord Hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to see the 1.6% increase. But it also notes a 12.6% decrease in YTD sales next to last year's sales. I wonder what gives? Do you think they ought to advertise the Insight?
I think it's the fall-off in sales that happens in non-launch model years... and Honda's marked decision not to advertise it at all.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprise a new CR-Z got sold considering that vehicle got discontinued back in 2016. Also we probably will not see sales data for the CRV Hybrid unless Honda choose to disclose it like the Accord Hybrid.
I scrolled back thru history for CR-Z sales... prior to the one that sold in Feb 2020, the last one sold was in April 2019. Perhaps these are one-off showroom models held somewhere for display?

I'm hopeful that the CR-V hybrid will drive sales up, because it will give Honda incentive to report "electrified" sales. Right now, it seems they aren't reporting it because it looks too small compared to their other reporting metrics.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
I'm hopeful that the CR-V hybrid will drive sales up, because it will give Honda incentive to report "electrified" sales. Right now, it seems they aren't reporting it because it looks too small compared to their other reporting metrics.
Yeah, the electrified sales went down due to them pulling back on the Clarity PHEV. The launch of the CRV Hybrid might also draw some customers toward the Insight if they're doing research on Honda's other electrified vehicles. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts