Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Below are Honda's US sales results for February 2021. Honda trucks (Passport, HR-V, Ridgeline, CR-V) along with the Acura MDX are highlighted for record sales. Insight sales were better than last month, "only" down -25% (versus -30% last month) comparing same month year ago.

Overall Electrified sales continue to increase, now almost double from same period year ago, bolstered by CR-V Hybrid sales. The CR-V Hybrid launched in March 2020, and it will be interesting to see how/whether this index continues to grow once that initial sales period is lapped.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/releases/release-e86048ba0d6e80b260e72d443f0d22d4

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
I wonder if gas prices heading higher is having an effect on EV/Hybrid sales. California looks like it will get to $4/gallon in a few weeks. 馃槻

Registered
I understand the Saudi's are also starting to tighten their supplies. So expect another gas price raise shortly.
It's only 2.59- or thereabouts in Grand Junction, CO, but that's for the low test. Haven't had to fill up for a while. . . getting 51, 52 mpg for the time being.

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
The hybrid inventory at my local dealership is selling down at a quick rate. Ex: Beginning of the month had 7 Insights and now down to 2. I think March will be a good sales month for Honda.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #5
The hybrid inventory at my local dealership is selling down at a quick rate. Ex: Beginning of the month had 7 Insights and now down to 2. I think March will be a good sales month for Honda.
Maybe clearing inventory is also a sign that the 2022 Insight will be hitting showroom floors soon... 3/24/20 was the release date for the 2021 Insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts