Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2019 yesterday (7/17). I had heard that the 2020's would hit the dealerships this week and thought I could use that asa bit of a bargaining chip . But he said they wouldn't start selling until more like December.

·
Super Moderator
4,093 Posts
I just bought my 2019 yesterday (7/17). I had heard that the 2020's would hit the dealerships this week and thought I could use that as a bit of a bargaining chip . But he said they wouldn't start selling until more like December.
Congrats on your new 2019! Did you end up with the EX, and what color did you select?

Since the Insight doesn't sell as many units as the Civic and Accord, it's not entirely surprising that the 2020 Insight will show up later (once 2019 inventory clears). It's hard for a dealer to take on more inventory when they aren't/can't advertise existing inventory... as with the Insight.

For the Civic and Accord, production of prior model year ends ~Sep, production of new model year starts ~Oct, and new cars start showing up at dealers ~Nov/Dec. For the Insight, maybe production has started on the 2020s, but at a slower level than ~2800 units per month that was seen for the 2019 model year -?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally pulled the trigger on Wednesday and got a 2019 Insight. The dealer is tricky and, by default, has all their cars prepped with tinted windows and the nitrogen tire package, so you're stuck payingfor those unless they happened to have a huge shipment just come in and the prep department had a car or two they didn't have time to get to yet. I can't remember the exact price OTD. but it was in the 24.6k ballbark. It had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot Wednesday afternoon, and had just rolled over 100 miles when I got home Thursday. topped off the tank just to see How much it was down, and only took 2.476 gallons. My mom joked that I'm going to end up forgetting how to gas up.

the ACC was a dream in bumper-to-bumper traffic on part of my drive home. I actually didn't mind getting bullied into an exit lane and having to make a half hour detour

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! From what I have been reading in this forum, you'll be glad you have the extra tint on your windows since you live in Texas. If your car will be parked out in the sun for extended periods of time, this will help keep the inside cabin air cooler and this will help with keeping the hybrid battery cooler.

·
Super Moderator
4,093 Posts
Congrats! And nice color choice (I have Lunar Silver EX as well). Tint actually sounds ideal for TX weather, so hopefully having it saves you time/effort (and energy) in the future. And if you have any issues with the tint, you can return to the dealer for support.

It's 'interesting' how dealers make choices in standard accessories and handle them in the price. Splash guards, door edge guards, and pin-striping were standard at one of my local dealers. I bought the car 2 weeks before it delivered, yet some of these standard accessories were STILL included even though I didn't want them nor include them in the contract price. I guess 'everything in life is negotiable' as they say...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I was told window etching was mandatory from the dealership that I bought the car from, interestingly enough, when they made the final budge to meet my number, that "add-on" disappeared.

At least the tint is practical, I've seen so many Texas cars 5 years old, with nasty dried out interiors. Heck, even the nitrogen, as temperature changes rapidly when weather gets "Tornado" like. All in all, you got a great price, and I hope you enjoy the crap out of the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,093 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on Wednesday and got a 2019 Insight. The dealer is tricky and, by default, has all their cars prepped with tinted windows and the nitrogen tire package, so you're stuck payingfor those unless they happened to have a huge shipment just come in and the prep department had a car or two they didn't have time to get to yet.
Was wondering - did the dealer advise what type of tint and % tint was applied? If so, please add along with your pictures to the "Show Off Your Tint" thread!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't think I'd care about the tinting because I park in my garage at home and when I start grad school next month, I'll be in the parking garage so won't be out in the sun much. I do occaisionally have to park in school lots that have little or no shade while teaching. But even that's usually for only an hour or so. But I know how hot that can make the car without tinting. No. My sales guy didn't indicate the % tinting or type used. I surely could probably find that out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats! I wish my car had been tinted by the dealer. Would save me the trouble of researching and finding a good installer!

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on Wednesday and got a 2019 Insight. The dealer is tricky and, by default, has all their cars prepped with tinted windows and the nitrogen tire package, so you're stuck payingfor those unless they happened to have a huge shipment just come in and the prep department had a car or two they didn't have time to get to yet. I can't remember the exact price OTD. but it was in the 24.6k ballbark. It had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot Wednesday afternoon, and had just rolled over 100 miles when I got home Thursday. topped off the tank just to see How much it was down, and only took 2.476 gallons. My mom joked that I'm going to end up forgetting how to gas up.

the ACC was a dream in bumper-to-bumper traffic on part of my drive home. I actually didn't mind getting bullied into an exit lane and having to make a half hour detour
Best looking car on your street! :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts