Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I finally decided to stop lurking and register on this forum.

I purchased my cosmic blue Insight touring on June 6th. I overlooked the Insight for quite sometime as I thought it was built on the Fit platform. While shopping around for a Civic, one dealer asked me if I looked at the Insight. He said it was a Hybrid vehicle similar to Civic but more upscale.

I went to the dealer and looked at the Insight Touring alongside the Accord Hybrid EX (I was coming from an Accord EX-L). As soon as I sat in the Insight, I was sold. Driving the car sealed the deal. I briefly sat in the Accord, but I was already in love with the Insight, not to mention I could get a fully loaded Insight cheaper than the mid-range Accord Hybrid.

I paid $25000 + tax (1500) tags, processing (300) and registration (101) - so $26901 OTD.

I spent a lot of time on this forum and looking at youtube videos long before I stepped foot in the dealership. Thanks to all for posting your feedback, it has helped me understand how to get the best out of this car and I'm enjoying driving it!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Well.. I finally decided to stop lurking and register on this forum.

I purchased my cosmic blue Insight touring on June 6th. I overlooked the Insight for quite sometime as I thought it was built on the Fit platform. While shopping around for a Civic, one dealer asked me if I looked at the Insight. He said it was a Hybrid vehicle similar to Civic but more upscale.

I went to the dealer and looked at the Insight Touring alongside the Accord Hybrid EX (I was coming from an Accord EX-L). As soon as I sat in the Insight, I was sold. Driving the car sealed the deal. I briefly sat in the Accord, but I was already in love with the Insight, not to mention I could get a fully loaded Insight cheaper than the mid-range Accord Hybrid.

I paid $25000 + tax (1500) tags, processing (300) and registration (101) - so $26901 OTD.

I spent a lot of time on this forum and looking at youtube videos long before I stepped foot in the dealership. Thanks to all for posting your feedback, it has helped me understand how to get the best out of this car and I'm enjoying driving it!!!
Congrats on your new Insight! The salesman got it right, this is a more upscale Civic(built on the Civic platform, previous Insight was built on the Fit platform), that actually pays you back at the pump. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
I'd like to shake that salesperson's hand. Few dealers even bring up the Insight - they push Accords and Civics mostly. I stumbled across mine in the shoproom as I was in the market for a Civic. The salesman was getting a new Civic out for a test drive when I found the Insight and sat in it. The salesperson came in and said the Civic is ready for a test drive. He never mentioned the Insight I was sitting in - I had to ask.

I've also noted that no Honda newspaper ads I've seen have ever mentioned the Insight. I feel, with just a little marketing, the Insight could be a big seller.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats! The Insight is such a bargain--protection against gas price increases, reduced maintenance due to hybrid powertrain (brake pads, oil changes), roomy, stylish. While we quibble about missing features (and hey, this is an enthusiasts' forum), overall I think we're all pleased.

Base prices on Tourings have dropped substantially from what I paid in September last year. I scoured the dealerships near me: Hackettstown, Sussex, Denville, Pompton Plains, Paramus, and eventually, Tarrytown, NY, where I made my purchase. The base price was $26,476 at Tarrytown. At the time the list was $28,985, before the January price increase. And this is not the first post to report a base price where 2 and 5 are the first two numbers...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to shake that salesperson's hand. Few dealers even bring up the Insight - they push Accords and Civics mostly. I stumbled across mine in the shoproom as I was in the market for a Civic. The salesman was getting a new Civic out for a test drive when I found the Insight and sat in it. The salesperson came in and said the Civic is ready for a test drive. He never mentioned the Insight I was sitting in - I had to ask.

I've also noted that no Honda newspaper ads I've seen have ever mentioned the Insight. I feel, with just a little marketing, the Insight could be a big seller.
His name is Greg and he's at Atrim Way Honda in Greencastle PA :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts