1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Touring
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Car

This is why I bought this car...

So had a little staycation this past week and was well on my way to the first 50+ mpg tank with the help of lots of city driving. This was clearly early in the tank, and forgot to get a pre fill-up pic.

So, returned to work on Monday, with unexpected delays due to rain and a road closure on the way home. It typically takes me 35 - 40 min to commute home 15 miles. This distaster took nearly 90min, and my thoughts were those of losing my first 50mpg tank.

The car took the stop and go as well as the prolonged idling like a champ. In my previous vehicles, it used to kill me to see my tank mpg slowly drop in such circumstances.

Upon filling up, I did in fact finish with just over 51mpg.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Touring
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will only get better. I just got 61.2 mpg on my last tank. This was achieved with lots of lights staying green though. My total average for 70k is 58mpg.
Nice. Only have about 2k miles so Im still learning the car. Anything over 50 would be great, given that its a Touring trim and its driven lots of hwy miles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You'll learn everything you need to know about this car and how to get the best gas mileage. I'm still learning. With the temperature dropping, I find that when I use the normal drive mode I can still get 50 to 65 miles per gallon while driving around off the highway. Eco mode works best for me when it's warmer outside. During the summer, I was getting 60 plus, even with a spare tire that bought in the trunk. Now that Sony and Honda are getting into the EV business, I guess I know where I'll be getting an EV from if it's under 45k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts