Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Insight! What made you decide on the Insight? Seems like a big leap from a truck to a hybrid sedan. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,277 Posts
Wow. Going from a V8 Tundra to an Insight means your fuel savings might just cover your car payments! Congratulations on your new Insight!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck is still in the driveway. I’m to insecure to give up the truck.:grin: My commute is about 75 miles a day. I wanted a commuter car to save the wear and tear on my truck. I live in New Orleans where it floods when it rains...can’t give up the truck. The Insight, however, is a comfortable little car. It’s my little sports car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I drive maybe 60 miles each day to-and-from work. With the warmer weather and great discussions we've had on this forum, I've gotten my Touring up to 55 MPG on its current tank. That's with a hilly commute and a net elevation change of 100 feet!

Looking forward to gaining from your experiences.

·
Administrator
4,234 Posts
The truck is still in the driveway. I’m to insecure to give up the truck.:grin: My commute is about 75 miles a day. I wanted a commuter car to save the wear and tear on my truck. I live in New Orleans where it floods when it rains...can’t give up the truck. The Insight, however, is a comfortable little car. It’s my little sports car.
With your long experience with Toyota and their long(er) reputation of hybrids, what features/aspects drew you over most to Honda and the Insight? How has mpg compared on your commute so far?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With your long experience with Toyota and their long(er) reputation of hybrids, what features/aspects drew you over most to Honda and the Insight? How has mpg compared on your commute so far?
The Prius is not an attractive car. The Insight is sexy. Today will be my first commute in the car. I went to the gym this morning. The display was showing 53.3 mpg’s.

·
Administrator
4,234 Posts
The Prius is not an attractive car. The Insight is sexy. Today will be my first commute in the car. I went to the gym this morning. The display was showing 53.3 mpg’s.
Ha, agree on Insight vs Prius. Form is a strong driver over function.

Given Toyota's long history of reliability (and Honda's drop in ratings for the past 3-5 years), I tried REALLY hard to find a Toyota I liked. From a pure-data / research standpoint, I selected a 2019 Toyota Camry (non-hybrid, redesigned, first model year) but the actual car drove really poorly with shaky/stuttering engine response. The sales person said the car would "learn my driving patterns over time" which I found laughable.

I reverted back to tried/true Honda's instead, hoping their new reliability results will correct the past few years of reported issues. Hybrids weren't on my radar at all, but I 'found' the Insight seeing it slotted between the Civics and Accords.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On of my coworkers has a hybrid Camry and gets low 40’s mpg. The price and low mpgs steered me away way from the Camry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts