Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My Insight is giving me persistent "System Update Failed" message every start-up since this morning. However, everything on the infotainment screen still works so far.
I did not initiate any system update recently, although I have been ignoring the red dot notification on the top-right asking me to install latest software update. I put-off updating to the latest update due to several issues that came up in other owner's experience, and I'd rather stick to my current software as there were no issues. (18AE-1945-001)

So I tried initiating a software update. It downloads to 100%, and when the "preparing to install" bar starts loading, this red "system update failed" box pops up again like an error loop.

I then tried to update via USB. I needed a FAT32 formatted USB stick larger than 8GB, plug into the car, let the car spit out a file, then plug it into my computer to have usb.honda.com find the correct file for me.

The car then says "No software files are detected". (Probably not detecting any new software update on USB stick)
I plugged in the USB and found the appropriate update_by_usb.json file on it. I uploaded it to the honda website, but it says "error in server". So I was not able to download the update file.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
I am hoping it is actually a problem in the Honda servers and not vehicle. Although it's a pretty minor hiccup, the pop up can be pretty annoying.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cannot say I have seen it. Might be one of those issues where you have to bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

If you have not turned the setting off, the car will try auto updates when it is "powered off." That is probably why you have the failed on start up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot say I have seen it. Might be one of those issues where you have to bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

If you have not turned the setting off, the car will try auto updates when it is "powered off." That is probably why you have the failed on start up.
Thanks, I’ll try to find the automatic update setting so I can turn off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I turned off automatic updates and it stopped popping up.

Today I tried uploading the .json file to honda and it went through. I figured that Honda servers were back online and tried initiating wireless system update.
It finally updated successfully to version 2071-001.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18AA-2071-001 this is the version for Insight and Accord Hybrid ?. o_O no difference?
I think they are the same. Although mine says 18AE instead of AA. Funny you mentioned the accord, because when I open the system update .json file on Notepad. It says ‘18 Accord even though it got my VIN correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts