Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my Insight this week, and while walking the dog I noticed the fog light housing being different between the left and right sides. I couldn't find any other online pictures that were up close enough to see the difference.
The right side is closed off under the fog lights, but the left side has the air holes open for air flow. Is this the same on all Insights with fog lights?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Exactly!

Nice Crimson Insight! I believe that is the rarest of colors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is the same colour as mine. I noticed that the cover for the milliwave radar is missing on the lower driver's side of the front bumper. You can see the radar unit where the flat cover should be.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
That is the same colour as mine. I noticed that the cover for the milliwave radar is missing on the lower driver's side of the front bumper. You can see the radar unit where the flat cover should be.
Are you saying you've a missing radar cover? I can see @JvdMaat's radar cover still there. :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
It looks to me as if his cover is missing. The cover should look like the flat blank area on the passenger side of the bumper. What I am seeing is the radar assembly unit looking through the open area on the driver side of the bumper.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It looks to me as if his cover is missing. The cover should look like the flat blank area on the passenger side of the bumper. What I am seeing is the radar assembly unit looking through the open area on the driver side of the bumper.
My radar looks the same. His radar looks fine.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Did you maybe get a radar cover 'upgrade' from the dealer after your radar clips were replaced? - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/282-2019-honda-insight-complaints-issues-problems/3956-front-bumper-millimeter-radar-missing-clips.html

Can you share picture of your radar area if different from example above?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wonder if this is included only on the Touring trim. The part number is 36809-TXM-A02 according to the diagram at College Honda on the Internet. I will see about posting a picture of what it looks like in place on the bumper, probably tomorrow evening.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
I wonder if this is included only on the Touring trim. The part number is 36809-TXM-A02 according to the diagram at College Honda on the Internet. I will see about posting a picture of what it looks like in place on the bumper, probably tomorrow evening.
Thanks - curious to see what this is (and whether I should get one)! @Verdier has a US Touring trim, but mentioned above that the cover isn't present. The part diagram looks to me like the 'frame' around the radar present in the original picture...?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks - curious to see what this is (and whether I should get one)! @Verdier has a US Touring trim, but mentioned above that the cover isn't present. The part diagram looks to me like the 'frame' around the radar present in the original picture...?
What kind of cover could it use? The stupid thing fails to work if you spit on it, a cover would be a major pain. Am I missing something here? All insights I see have the radar down there on one side looking very different than the other side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well this is embarrassing.

I could swear that whenever I had to clean off snow and slush from the radar cover I cleaned off a smooth flat panel similar to what is present on the passenger side of the front bumper. Tonight, when I went to take a picture of my radar cover I discovered that I have exactly what everyone else has, a frame around the actual radar assembly that covers the mounting bolts for the radar unit, in other words a dirty version of @JvdMaat 's radar cover. Now that I have looked at this closely I can see why snow seems to want to collect in the recessed part of the bumper where the radar unit lives. It would be nice to have a smooth radar transparent panel mounted right on the bumper that would let the snow and slush slide right off.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
What kind of cover could it use? The stupid thing fails to work if you spit on it, a cover would be a major pain. Am I missing something here? All insights I see have the radar down there on one side looking very different than the other side.
The cover @yecam described would be a nice add... something that smooths the surface and/or helps muck drain rather than accumulate in the recessed area.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The cover @yecam described would be a nice add... something that smooths the surface and/or helps muck drain rather than accumulate in the recessed area.
What I'd like is a small vent tube running just over the radar with a slim slit on top that would vent warm engine air over the radar dish keeping it warm so slush and ice just melts off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts