Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love it! Thank you for posting I have a white EX as well and wanted to do both of those maybe the parking sensors too. Looks great!!
yeah it does look a lot better with the fogs!

Did you install the fogs lights yourself or dealer? What was the cost if dealer installed?
I had a shop install it for me, not the dealer. I knew the guy so I got a discount, but it took around 2-3 hours max so depending on your rate that's what you will get charged for.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
are fog lights hard to install? I was disappointed my EX didn't have them.
Unfortunately, only the Insight Touring trim has the fog lights standard. College Hills Honda is a good resource for PDF versions of installation instructions.

- Part number for the EX/Touring fog lights is 08V31-TXM-100B - https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TXM.html
- Fog Light installation instructions - https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/insight/2019/ledfoglights.pdf

Also some perspective from @PHILBERT on cost of dealer-installed fog lights on an EX - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/9244-post7.html

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Nice job! How long did it take to install? PHILBERT previously mentioned the dealer-install of the fog lights onto an EX ran $320, which is about 2.5 hours worth of labor - www.gen3insight.com/threads/show-off-your-car.2038/#post-9244

Are these the parts you installed and instructions used?
Interestingly, the College Hills Honda parts site lists a different part number (08V31-TXM-100A) for the LX trim (versus EX/Touring part number above). There must be something different about the install, since Honda created a separate OEM part for it (?).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fairly involved, the worst part was the instructions pics are real clear. Ft. Bumper was the worst! You will need a helper for it. And you will need a tool for all the clips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice job! How long did it take to install? PHILBERT previously mentioned the dealer-install of the fog lights onto an EX ran $320, which is about 2.5 hours worth of labor - www.gen3insight.com/threads/show-off-your-car.2038/#post-9244

Are these the parts you installed and instructions used?
Interestingly, the College Hills Honda parts site lists a different part number (08V31-TXM-100A) for the LX trim (versus EX/Touring part number above). There must be something different about the install, since Honda created a separate OEM part for it (?).
Took me about 3 1/2 hours in my garage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Next project, aftermarket foglights! About $150 on ebay...looks just like OEM...comes with own wire harness and switch. May actually be easier install than Honda ones. Just gotta figure out how to get through firewall...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Next project, aftermarket foglights! About $150 on ebay...looks just like OEM...comes with own wire harness and switch. May actually be easier install than Honda ones. Just gotta figure out how to get through firewall...
Oh cool. Really $150 only? Also what firewall?

Btw, did you do any drilling/screwing for your spoiler? Or did you just 3m it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Spoiler was a Honda accessory. I let dealer do the drilling. There's a dealer site called College Park Honda that puts installation pdf's on their site that shows how any available Insight accessory is installed. Firewall is between engine bay and passenger compartment. May already have a pass thru plug somewhere. Search Insight Foglight on ebay and you'll find several aftermarket fogs. May not be as high quality as actual Honda part though. Have to remove bumper too....ugh..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Referenced wrong dealer for install instructions. It's College Hills Honda (not Park). They post actual Honda pdf instructions for all Insight accessories..very informative...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts