Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, late to the conversation here. I just moved from Arkansas (1 plate state) to Texas (2 plate state). Since I now need to have a front plate, I need to buy and mount the front license bracket since it did not come with one in Arkansas. Has anyone had to go through this same experience? If so, did you purchase one through your local Honda dealer or get it somewhere else? Once I get the mount/bracket, then I can get one of these cool frames like you guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've always lived in "2-plate states" so the dealers have always installed the front license bracket by default (whether I wanted it or not).

Honestly, since you're now in a 2-plate state, why not visit a local dealer and see if they might install it for free during other service (e.g. oil change). They're used to doing the install on cars they sell, and they might be willing to include it as a courtesy for a new customer. I'm guessing they won't bat an eye at the request...

...but if that doesn't go anywhere, the OEM parts can be bought online for <$5: part numbers 71145-TXM-A00 (bracket) plus 4 x 93904-46220 (tapping screws). You'll get the lowest price if you buy from an online OEM part store rather than the dealer parts counter.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
2 plates are better than one for extra protection. ;)

@hasarad's Insight being saved by license plate from flying rock.

@Verdier's Insight saved by license plate from a Ford truck tow hook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts