Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the front windows painfully slow to operate... it varies a bit from day to day, like sometimes it's excruciatingly slow when the engine is off, but it's also quite slow when it's on. Rear windows are faster.

Not a huge huge deal because of the auto feature but still :wink:

Does anybody concur?

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Hmm... hasn't really bothered me. Seems like main differences in front vs rear roll-down speed is the size of the window being moved (smaller in back) and travel distance (shorter in back)...?

Also paralleling some of our conversation in the 12V 'trickle charge' and 'jump start' threads, the Insight's 12V battery seems lower-capacity than average. Perhaps that also affects the energy directed for rolling down the windows... especially with engine off.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I find the front windows painfully slow to operate... it varies a bit from day to day, like sometimes it's excruciatingly slow when the engine is off, but it's also quite slow when it's on. Rear windows are faster.

Not a huge huge deal because of the auto feature but still :wink:

Does anybody concur?
I think the electronics in our car get less power when engine is off. I noticed things like my map lights are less bright when engine is off vs when on. I keep my windows closed all the time so I didn't even know they operate slower in the front vs rear.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the electronics in our car get less power when engine is off. I noticed things like my map lights are less bright when engine is off vs when on. I keep my windows closed all the time so I didn't even know they operate slower in the front vs rear.
Gotta keep that VOC low, mate. After parking in the sun it's usually not great. Just kidding don't turn into a sicko like me.

Sometimes when driving, it's fast. That must be when the HV battery is charging the 12V battery.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Moso-Natural-Purifying-Deodorizer-Eliminator/dp/B004BOH6BM/
^I've 2 of those bamboo charcoal bags in my car. One in the cabin and one in the trunk. Gets rid of food smells when I do take-out so I think they work as described. :grin:

I mainly keep my windows closed to keep bugs out in the summer and the white powder stuff(salt?) that coats our cars and roads in the winter from entering the cabin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts