Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the name of this part is and how to get it out without scratching the plastic up?

The fuel door isn’t opening with the button in the car or the manual release in the trunk and it appears that this spring or pusher here isn’t pushing against the door anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not a mechanic and I have no special knowledge of the car. I believe that "Spring" is the sensor that tells you if the door is open. I has nothing to do with opening the door. Other threads have bent the catch on the door slightly so the latch on the right can clear the door catch easier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sure there’s a sensor in it, but there’s also tension and smooth operation that was there prior to the last time I washed the car. Last weekend when I last put gas in it and closed the fuel door the car wouldn’t recognize that the door was closed. I reopened and closed the door 3 times to no avail. It wasn’t until I slammed the door shut that it finally recognized the door as actually being closed.

I’m almost certain that this switch/pusher was failing, but have no idea as to actually remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts