Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally wanted to be given the option to evaluate reroutes for traffic, so I turned off auto updates of routes for traffic. However I found that I guess I'd have to pay a lot of attention to traffic notifications then or go in manually and tap the traffic indicator to make my choice to reroute. Otherwise I guess it stays on the original route at the time of request even if traffic changes quite a lot.

I went back to auto updating of routes for traffic because I found that manually it drew too much attention of the driver to the center display (and not the driver info display) and required multiple screen taps/views to make a decision. I had gotten used to a TomTom standalone nav device where alternate routes would be displayed on screen along with estimated time savings.

Curious how others who use Garmin nav configure their preferences to handle traffic.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I’ve been using mine with the automatic route change turned off. But I wish they would enable voice commands for traffic.
It is unfortunate that the voice command system in the Honda seems a bit archaic and less intuitive than others I have tried. Well, the one other I have tried. 🙄

1 - 3 of 3 Posts