Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Somewhat nominal, but I'm considering these "push button cover" plastic pieces that tape on to protect the painted gear selector labels. I only see them for the Accord so far ($7) so not all the button covers match the Insight (i.e. Econ / Sport / EV buttons in particular).

And for those interested "colorfying" the interior, there are versions that come in red / silver / blue at a higher price ($16).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn.. Too late for that lol!! At least we won't get the push to start button wear, the paint's on the inside.. I'm lookin' in - I can see through you, see your true colors... Cuz inside your ugly - ugly like me.. .. .. ... Uh sorry - Sorry have that song stuck in my head now....

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Insight EX Crimson Pearl
149 Posts
LOL - SO many options, SO little time to colorize. When it comes to the window controls, you can even choose between coloring the buttons OR coloring the cover plate... or BOTH. And the hazard light could use some color attention as well.

(Product links courtesy of suggestions from @WorldThatHeSees in Colorize Your Interior thread.) :)
I think I prefer the buttons over the entire cover plate. Looks like the hazard light trim only comes in blue, but @WorldThatHeSees had stated that it doesn't really fit well anyway.
Your version looks much better and "finished." Did you order yours using a different link, or is this one of those eBay "YMMV when ordering" situations...?
It was from the link you supplied, so it was definitely a shot in the dark YMMV situation.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
751 Posts
Definitely have considered this since the climate control button covers turned out real nice. I have been looking to find a button cover for the volume control button on the insight. I'm surprised this isn't offered anywhere since I think other Honda's (18' + Accord?) share this volume control button. I'm going to let you guys be the guinea pigs on the window buttons. I was thinking the silver, but since the car is red, and I have other red accents, I might be stuck with the red aluminum ones.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Definitely have considered this since the climate control button covers turned out real nice. I have been looking to find a button cover for the volume control button on the insight. I'm surprised this isn't offered anywhere since I think other Honda's (18' + Accord?) share this volume control button. I'm going to let you guys be the guinea pigs on the window buttons. I was thinking the silver, but since the car is red, and I have other red accents, I might be stuck with the red aluminum ones.
I already ordered them (red window button covers) and should get them in the next week or two. I'll be sure to post pictures of them so you can see if you like them or not. They are cheap enough and easy enough to remove for me to justify being a guinea pig. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
751 Posts
I already ordered them (red window button covers) and should get them in the next week or two. I'll be sure to post pictures of them so you can see if you like them or not. They are cheap enough and easy enough to remove for me to justify being a guinea pig. ;)
Yeah I think I've spent more than enough on this car.🤪

·
Registered
149 Posts
Finally got my button covers. They had arrived at the post office the same time as my steering wheel trims (Sunday), but they never released them for delivery. I finally had to go the post office yesterday and complain and suddenly they are delivered the next day. My guess is they misplaced them or they fell behind a bin or something. Anyhoo, here we go:

Unfortunately, the other doors only came with the window button covers, and the front passenger door doesn't have the door lock cover. They did come in a cute little box.

@Verdier here you go. Now you can decide if you want to spend more money on the car :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Finally got my button covers. They had arrived at the post office the same time as my steering wheel trims (Sunday), but they never released them for delivery. I finally had to go the post office yesterday and complain and suddenly they are delivered the next day. My guess is they misplaced them or they fell behind a bin or something. Anyhoo, here we go:
Just curious... did these also come as aluminum (vs plastic pieces) and is the coloring/finish consistent with the ones for the gear selector?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just curious... did these also come as aluminum (vs plastic pieces) and is the coloring/finish consistent with the ones for the gear selector?
Yes, brushed aluminum just like the gear shift pieces. Another thing I didn't note was that the rear window button pieces have the slot in them (as you can see from the picture of the full set) but the buttons for the rear windows (at least on the EX) do not have the lights.

I kind of wish the window button covers covered more of the button, but they still look decent. I'm pretty impressed everything fits given these are advertised for Honda Accord 2018-2020 and the steering wheel pieces were advertised for the Honda CR-V 2007-2011.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts