Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a terrible situation with my F-150 which someone hit while I was on thr highway. 3 months to be fixed, etc.

Decided to get something more economical as I drove 2 plus hours a day, and gas been killing me. Couldn't be caught dead driving a Prius and started looking for alternatives, when I was reminded by a site the Insight was a great alternative. Went on autotrader and found a beautiful white ex in amazing shape and went to check it out.

Got to the dealer and turns out Service King, the repair shop, changed out my odometer/speedometer cluster (which they shouldn't ever do, if damaged the truck should have been written off) per Geicos instructions but also put the wrong mileage on the clock (had my miles as kilometers, so when switched to mikes went down tens of thousands of miles). Long story short the truck, because of the changed out odometer, is now listed as an unverified mileage vehicle by carfax effectively making the Ford worthless.

I went through with the trade thanks to the dealer cutting me a few breaks along the way making the hit not too bad at the end of the day. The truck will become a parts truck, still fighting geico for loss of value on the Ford.

Regardless! Been loving it, commutes no longer stressing me out. Went from 7000 dollars in gas a year to 2400, which helps us so much.

Happy to be apart of the forum!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Street light

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,835 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! The EX is the sweet spot for features and fuel economy. A very good choice. I have a '19 and a '21. My '19 has a white interior and has been no issue to keep clean.

Interesting fact: Your color - Orchid White Pearl - was only offered for one year. Starting in 2020, the color was changed to Platinum White Pearl. The difference is very subtle and not really noticeable unless you had the two side-by-side. The Orchid is deeper and a little more sparkly (and better IMO).

Just noticed the tires are Goodyears on your car. Stock tires on the EX are Michelin Energy Saver A/S. Wondering if the Goodyears you have are LRR tires. This can make a significant difference in fuel economy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah the paint is really deep and full of flec. Didnt know they changed it, but I love the color. And the interior is beautiful. The lady who owned the car before me I swear only had herself in the car as the interior looks unused.

I'm actually not sure. I'm getting around 58.5mpg atm though. Is there a way for me to tell the tire type? Does it say lrr on them? I know they're brand new, installed by the dealer.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,835 Posts
Goodyear makes an Assurance tire which is LRR and is indicated by a "Fuel Max" logo right after the word "Assurance" on the tire (looks like a gas gauge). There is a different LRR Assurance as well with a "CS" logo on the tire. Either of the two are LRR tires. Curious what the tread depth of your new tires is. Generally, new LRR tires start with less tread depth than regular tires (< 10/32").

With respect to the discontinuation of the Orchid White Pearl paint after 2019, that paint is a three-step paint and, therefore, more expensive to produce. If you have a white 2019 Insight, you have the right to feel special!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts