Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one come across a way to adjust the guidelines and/or the positioning of the image in the rear camera view? With my Insight, if the image shows that my right passenger rear wheel is sitting on a marking in a parking spot I know that the wheel is actually one foot to the left of what is shown. I don't know if that would be a software modification or an actual mechanical adjustment of the camera mounting at the rear of the car. It's not a big deal since I can allow for the discrepancy but it would be nice if the error could be corrected.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Has any one come across a way to adjust the guidelines and/or the positioning of the image in the rear camera view? With my Insight, if the image shows that my right passenger rear wheel is sitting on a marking in a parking spot I know that the wheel is actually one foot to the left of what is shown. I don't know if that would be a software modification or an actual mechanical adjustment of the camera mounting at the rear of the car. It's not a big deal since I can allow for the discrepancy but it would be nice if the error could be corrected.
I think Honda did it on purpose to leave a margin for error to protect you from situations like curbing your wheel. I assume any re-calibration needs to be done by the dealership similar to the lanewatch camera lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can adjust yourself. You need to open the service menu which is accomplished by holding the Home, Rewind and Power buttons on your radio for about 10 seconds. Then you go into the lower option (Which if memory serves me is manual diag or something along those lines), then you can access the camera setting and gridline adjustments form there. Whatever you do, DO NOT click on "aim lanewatch camera" because it's not a good time if you do. Ask me how I know. If you're not comfortable doing that, you can take it to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts