Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would say you are being a drama queen as the manuals are pretty good at telling you what needs removed first. Guess not in this case... but it is not that bad.

You can get the one mounting bolt from the the grille with a ratchet and extension. Looks like you can jack up the front, remove the engine cover plate like you are changing the oil and reach in and remove the old horn that way. Of course putting it back together is nowhere near as fun.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,804 Posts
I would say you are being a drama queen as the manuals are pretty good at telling you what needs removed first. Guess not in this case... but it is not that bad.

You can get the one mounting bolt from the the grille with a ratchet and extension. Looks like you can jack up the front, remove the engine cover plate like you are changing the oil and reach in and remove the old horn that way. Of course putting it back together is nowhere near as fun.
Next time I do an oil change (or if I get bored), I'll look into getting at the horn without a bumper removal. I'm hoping there is room to work via the top/radiator cover plate. That, and I have a daughter with small hands!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Next time I do an oil change (or if I get bored), I'll look into getting at the horn without a bumper removal. I'm hoping there is room to work via the top/radiator cover plate. That, and I have a daughter with small hands!
I pulled the cover plate up off top, just 8 plastic rivet thingies. It had more under there to get to the horn. You will have to pull that chrome piece that stretches across the front and when I tried that last time I ended up breaking the tabs on both sides. I am an oafish brute though. After that there should be wide open, but if you can do it without taking that piece off, life is good. Guess they call it the upper trim...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just replaced my horn today. I used these parts

Plus I replaced every push rivet I took out as some were brittle. Amazon.com: marddpair 100 Pcs 10mm Black Plastic Push Type Rivet Fastener Clips Replacement for Honda Acura 91503-SZ5-003 : Automotive

I removed the plastic cover at the top and the panel underneath. I did NOT remove any of the bumper or front trim but I did have to unbolt the hood latch to get the second panel off. After that there was plenty of room to work. The double tone horn is so much better than the stock horn.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts