Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
A 19 inch rim on a car designed for 16 or 17? You are going to need one odd tire to fit that, not to think of the extra weight murdering your mileage.

On a more positive note. The Lug spacing and pattern is the same. And the center bore is identical. Should physically mount in place. Tire Rack also allows you to throw 19 inch rims on there and give you tire suggestions.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A 19 inch rim on a car designed for 16 or 17? You are going to need one odd tire to fit that, not to think of the extra weight murdering your mileage.

On a more positive note. The Lug spacing and pattern is the same. And the center bore is identical. Should physically mount in place. Tire Rack also allows you to throw 19 inch rims on there and give you tire suggestions.
It’s not unusual for people to upsize their wheels. Almost every car I’ve ever owned had aftermarket wheels and I usually go 2 inches larger than factory.
I always loved the look of those wheels on an accord coupe of that time period and I’m not sure how much the wheels weigh but wanted to see if anyone has ever done it. With the little wheel arches this car has, I think an 18 inch wheel would suffice. But figured I would ask.

· Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,349 Posts
I'm not sure if the accord wheels will fit but a 19" wheel can fit on an Insight.

· Registered
2020 Insight EX Crimson Pearl
149 Posts
I'm not sure if the accord wheels will fit but a 19" wheel can fit on an Insight.
I think 19's look great on the Insight, but you definitely are going to pay for it. I replaced mine with new 16's about a year ago even before the gas hike because I wanted lighter wheels to help improve gas mileage any way I could.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts