Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This is my first post here, so please let me know if I posted this thread in the wrong section.

Anyway, I love my new car. Everything is perfect except for when I talk to the Google Assistant on Android Auto. After I give Google Assistant a command, the previously playing audio from Android Auto shuts off. I think this is an issue with the audio source. For instance, I will be playing a song on spotify, say "Hey Google, skip this track", the assistant does its thing, but the music doesn't come back on.

I can get the music back on by changing the audio source to something else, and then back to Android Auto. Or by pressing the speak button on my steering wheel, followed by the "back" button on my wheel. Either of these things brings Android Auto audio back on.

I think the car switches the audio source from android auto to the Honda built-in voice assist.

Any ideas? I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you press and hold the "voice control" button on the steering wheel, the Android Auto turns on. Try it.

·
Registered
2021 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you press and hold the "voice control" button on the steering wheel, the Android Auto turns on. Try it.
I will try that when I go for a ride tonight! I will also try to unpair/repair my phone and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the reply! Any other cool tricks you know of?

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
After I give Google Assistant a command, the previously playing audio from Android Auto shuts off. I think this is an issue with the audio source. For instance, I will be playing a song on spotify, say "Hey Google, skip this track", the assistant does its thing, but the music doesn't come back on.

I can get the music back on by changing the audio source to something else, and then back to Android Auto. Or by pressing the speak button on my steering wheel, followed by the "back" button on my wheel. Either of these things brings Android Auto audio back on.
Questions... Is this a new issue, or has it always been like this for you? Do you have your phone paired for Bluetooth HandsFree calling? Are you running the latest software version on phone and on infotainment system?

The following threads are distantly related to your description, but may offer some ideas on other things to check:
- Android auto and bluetooth not at the same time
- Bluetooth Audio is blocked
- Android Auto problems with Microphone

·
Registered
2021 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Questions... Is this a new issue, or has it always been like this for you? Do you have your phone paired for Bluetooth HandsFree calling? Are you running the latest software version on phone and on infotainment system?

The following threads are distantly related to your description, but may offer some ideas on other things to check:
Great info! Thanks for your comment. I will check out those threads. I believe my head unit is up to date - and my S21 Ultra is up to date as well.

The strangest thing is that the volume "range" changes. Normally, you can change the volume from 0-50 (or so), but when this happens the volume range is only 1-10 or so. The car thinks I am still in voice command mode.

I will check out those threads and report back. Thanks again for your comment.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
The strangest thing is that the volume "range" changes. Normally, you can change the volume from 0-50 (or so), but when this happens the volume range is only 1-10 or so. The car thinks I am still in voice command mode.
@Verdier and others have reported same "volume lock" issue. Not many solutions known/offered, but things like dis/re-connecting USB, rebooting, etc are suggested. The latest (Apr 2021) infotainment software update lists Android Auto / USB connection as a known issue, supposedly addressed by this update.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
What happens when you use the fast forward or fast backward buttons on the steering wheel instead?

For volume, try increasing the volume using the volume button on your phone while the song is playing in your car.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
729 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts