Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting. I should probably read things and learn how to use my car. Been playing with this and other than making my hazard switch constantly pop out of the dash it has worked pretty well with the outside air temperature (OAT) these past few trips being between 40-60.
Could you clarify what causes your hazard switch issues? Is there airflow going (vs passive heating with fan/system off) or heating/expansion issues?

I was reminded from my drive yesterday that passive heating keeps the cabin comfortable for me while I'm in motion, but in stop/go traffic it's borderline not enough to take the cold edge off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The switch has always fallen out after a few weeks. But with the heat coming through the front vents it falls out pretty much immediately, I am guessing thermal expansion. After I am comfortable that I am not going in that dash again I will just glue it down or see what I can do about the mounting tabs. I could just always take it back for warranty and get a new switch that constantly falls out.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch has always fallen out after a few weeks. But with the heat coming through the front vents it falls out pretty much immediately, I am guessing thermal expansion. After I am comfortable that I am not going in that dash again I will just glue it down or see what I can do about the mounting tabs. I could just always take it back for warranty and get a new switch that constantly falls out.
Talk about poor fit, if heat expansion is what makes the button fall off. Which vent mode/position are you using when this happens? Would the "split" or "feet only" position mitigate the issue? Or maybe a lower temperature setting?

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,281 Posts
Holy crap, really? Tell your dealer. There's no way I'd put up with that. God forbid you need warranty work (the well-known vent rattle issue or vary-rare bad hazard switch) and they find out you glued the switch. If your warranty is still in effect, let the dealer handle it.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy crap, really? Tell your dealer. There's no way I'd put up with that. God forbid you need warranty work (the well-known vent rattle issue or vary-rare bad hazard switch) and they find out you glued the switch. If your warranty is still in effect, let the dealer handle it.
Umm... keep in mind that the following picture came from @WorldThatHeSees while trying to address rattle from vents. That only the hazard switch is falling off seems wondrous; if I did this myself, I'm certain I would've created more problems than that...

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
For the record... It was falling out before I did that. I pulled the switch out and will play around with the mounting today or tomorrow. I try to avoid the dealer because this 2 minute switch will probably take them at least a week on parts, then at least an hour to replace. I will bend a couple tabs or find an alternate means to mount it and save the frustration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For the record... It was falling out before I did that. I pulled the switch out and will play around with the mounting today or tomorrow. I try to avoid the dealer because this 2 minute switch will probably take them at least a week on parts, then at least an hour to replace. I will bend a couple tabs or find an alternate means to mount it and save the frustration.
Ask the dealer service manager nicely for Honda to pay for it warranty or not and if they say no tell them you will report it to the NHTSA since it is a safety hazard may lead to a disabled vehicle being struck by oncoming traffic. Then and then ask them for documentation in writing on your write up that they/Honda will not warranty the repair and it must include your concerns about safety. Then enjoy your free new switch. Trust me they'll fix it. 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts