Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you turn on the heated mirrors in the 2019 EX. I thought they were automatically on, but one defrosts and the passenger does not

·
Registered
125 Posts
My thoughts on this are that both mirrors are supposed to be controlled by the one switch for defrosting the back glass. Along with the back glass, if only the driver's side mirror is defrosting, the passenger side mirror is likely defective.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Pressing the rear defroster button is the 'official' way to turn on the heated door mirrors.

However the heated door mirror also activates for ~10 minutes at a time when the car is ON and when outside temperature is <41F (p202) and when cabin heating is being used; the mirrors haven't heated for me when these conditions are true but the cabin climate control is off (passive heating). - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/2904-passive-cabin-heating-cooling-6.html#post28642

If you'd like the heated mirrors to work and temps aren't <41F, you'll need to manually activate by turning on the rear defroster.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the information here. Much information on these sites. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts