Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to members!

2017 Accord Touring owner here with 40k miles on it. I went from driving 25 miles one way to 57 miles one way (to work) a month ago. I am seriously considering an EX Insight for the past few weeks. I am thinking to sell my financed car to Carvana but before that, I will start shopping for the best quota very soon. Wish me luck :smile:

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi, financially speaking, the best car for you is the one you already own. and the fuel cost savings is nearly nothing. it would make more sense if you were transitioning from a truck. not to mention taxes and financing fees.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We're happy to help you learn about and explore the Gen3 Insight.

Maybe try the following calculator and see how it looks for you. https://www.edmunds.com/calculators/gas-guzzler.html

Entering some quick numbers for the Insight EX (25k OTD), 2017 Accord (40k mi, 5k trade in after financing, 1000 mi/mo, 2.19 gas price), it suggests ~445 months (37 years) of ownership before you'll start to see savings from a gas standpoint. Your objectives may be different from pure cost savings, so this is just one factor to keep in mind as you explore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello to members!

2017 Accord Touring owner here with 40k miles on it. I went from driving 25 miles one way to 57 miles one way (to work) a month ago. I am seriously considering an EX Insight for the past few weeks. I am thinking to sell my financed car to Carvana but before that, I will start shopping for the best quota very soon. Wish me luck :smile:
Financial aspects aside, I think you'll be very pleased with the Insight. I've had our EX since June and love driving it. The wife was initially a bit intimidated (push button everything), but is getting used to it. I've got a much shorter commute and have been averaging 55 mpg or over, but I think you'll find it's a pleasure to drive....and a great buy at that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Major question. What is your commute to work like? Mostly highway, or rural? Speed limit on said highway is important. If you have 65-75mph speed limits, the Insight won't produce better than EPA mileage. If you are able to cruise to work at 68mph or less than you'll be around EPA numbers, most likely.

Is gas savings your main reason for upgrading?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts