Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me introduce myself. My name is Mark and I purchased a beautiful black 2019 Insight EX last month and I'm quite pleased. Before the Insight I owned a 2015 Civic EX-L and I can't help comparing one against the other. Whenever I'm on the road I feel like I'm driving a hybrid Civic that also looks like the Accord, as a matter of fact the Insight is what happens when the Civic and Accord get married and produce a child. When I was driving my Civic I was getting 25 mpg in town and up to 42 mpg on the highway and I thought that was great but that was before the Insight. With the Insight I'm getting 60 mpg in the city and 52 mpg on the highway. I live in a mountainous area of east Tennessee and I'm impressed with the mileage even if my car sounds like it's ready to self destruct when going up steep terrains. My Civic did the same thing and both were quite loud in that environment. I'm hoping the Insight hybrid catches on and puts more people into Honda hybrids rather than the very popular Toyota Prius and other hybrid sedans.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hi, sorry to hear about the accident that claimed your civic, and it amazing that you weren't hurt. The Insight so far seems like a pretty good car if you can put up with the noise and vibration. Its hard to believe its as bad as it is, but I got over it. There are also some concerns about quality of finish, but these don't concern me either.

It is definitely one of the best looking compact cars available and really practical. You'll maybe want to considering picking up a spare tire, unless you like using the compressor's foam tray to hold cases of beer and cans of gasoline.

Since you picked up a '19, keep an eye on your 12 volt battery...it may be the cause of weird issues like warnings and brake system drama.

Also be sure to dig inside your center console before filling it with crap.

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Welcome, Mark! So true that the Insight is a baby/blend of the Accord and Civic, LOL. And impressive that you're maintaining great MPG even in the TN mountains. I'm guessing you're able to regenerate as much energy as you're using, netting at your great results. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts