Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(should have posted here first!) Hello, I'm in San Diego and lucky enough to be waiting for arrival of a new '22 EX, Pearl White with Ivory. Anything concerns I should ask the dealer about? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Welcome!!

You can see if your dealer can hook you up with a spare tire, jack and tools since the Insight doesn't come with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea, they are already forcing the all weather mats and something else totaling about $500. So few choices, dealers can get away with this.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Good idea, they are already forcing the all weather mats and something else totaling about $500. So few choices, dealers can get away with this.
The OEM all weather mats are awful! Go with something aftermarket! There is no reason you should be forced into options you don't want!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OEM all weather mats are awful! Go with something aftermarket! There is no reason you should be forced into options you don't want!
In normal times you are correct, but dealers have us by the cajones for now with limited choices. I already told them I expect the all weather mats in the trunk and simple carpet under the feet. I sold two used cars (one a 2018 Niro) to afford this and I insisted on finding the color combination (Pearl/Ivory) only. The usual response when I protested to the dealer was 'all the 2022 cars have this added' and other BS. I think it has protective film on door edges and rear bumper too. They absolutely knew that a new Insight was nearly impossible to find in SoCal and if I didn't accept it, someone else would. Indeed after mine, they have sold 3 more in transit sight unseen. Hope to get it by Friday.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
In normal times you are correct, but dealers have us by the cajones for now with limited choices. I already told them I expect the all weather mats in the trunk and simple carpet under the feet. I sold two used cars (one a 2018 Niro) to afford this and I insisted on finding the color combination (Pearl/Ivory) only. The usual response when I protested to the dealer was 'all the 2022 cars have this added' and other BS. I think it has protective film on door edges and rear bumper too. They absolutely knew that a new Insight was nearly impossible to find in SoCal and if I didn't accept it, someone else would. Indeed after mine, they have sold 3 more in transit sight unseen. Hope to get it by Friday.
Franko here. I agree with Lepiene . I purchased a 2022 touring at a large dealer in central Fl. on 6/19 and they included everything except the kitchen sink. I traded a 2021 for it. They even added a dealer prep of $900. I said hold it. After much discussion they wouldn't remove that charge, but agreed to increase trade in price. The days of buying an Insight at MSRP are gone for now. There is none on Fl. east coast. If you can find one grab it. More later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts