Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Should I KEEP these sideskirts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went with the civic type r oem side skirts that look similar. I took the black CF portion that looks just like those off and cut them to fit on the insight then mounted them, they are the exact same length as out side skirts. I also added the civic type r oem front lip as well so it matches all around, I think if you had a bit larger front lip it would fit more with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Honda ones(designed by modulo for the Japanese Insight) look nicer. :)
I bought them when I bought the fronts and rears, and was not impressed with them once I saw them in person, I wish they would have extended as far as the skirt does as it did not look that great on a black car imo. Definitely pops on other car colors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I think I do need something more substantial up front. Once I decide, I may have the parts painted body color or satin black. Any problems with car lifts/racks with the skirts hanging down a bit lower than frame? I can see a tire place damaging things when I get service...thx again!

·
Registered
45 Posts
So far none, my last car was too low to work on except luckily my nissan dealer had a cool GTR drive on lift i was able to use for oil changes and service. but at current stock ride height front lip and side skirts have not even scraped once, I plan on lowering an inch and a half or so, gonna have to cut my fenders tho.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Link for buys?
you can just call up your dealer for best pricing, I bought the front lip new from the dealer for $350 and the side skirts i bought off damaged civic type r's got the left and right side skirts for $150 and $200 then just removed the fake cf lip portion. Just keep an eye on ebay and cheap non-damaged ones can be found fairly cheap, or also the civic forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts