Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I noticed this morning that a portion of my bumper/grill cover was missing. I've attached a photo. It is the bottom right square panel. The bottom left side is still in tact. I believe they are the same part, just different sides. However, I don't know what it is called. I'd like to search and purchase a replacement, but I don't know where to begin. Anyone have an idea what is is called and where I could purchase a replacement.

Is it just a plastic cover that snaps on? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting White

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello all. I noticed this morning that a portion of my bumper/grill cover was missing. I've attached a photo. It is the bottom right square panel. The bottom left side is still in tact. I believe they are the same part, just different sides. However, I don't know what it is called. I'd like to search and purchase a replacement, but I don't know where to begin. Anyone have an idea what is is called and where I could purchase a replacement.

Is it just a plastic cover that snaps on? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that it's called a Milliwave Radar Cover.

How exactly did all of this go missing? :giggle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that it's called a Milliwave Radar Cover.

How exactly did all of this go missing? :giggle:
Thank you! I didn't know what to search for.

I honestly, don't know how or when it fell off. I never heard anything fall while driving. I never hit anything. I noticed it was missing today, but no clue how/why it fell off.

Anyone ever replace one? Will that part snap back on? There are two metal screws, but I have no idea how to tighten them if the replacement part doesn't snap right on. There is no way to get to that part without removing a lot of pieces under the car. Sheesh. I hope its an easy fix and that it snaps on without the need for tools.

Thanks again for identifying the part for me. Gonna order it and see how it goes...

·
Registered
70 Posts

View attachment 7016
Mine was missing when my car was delivered. I noticed it the next day and took it back to get it installed. Apparently the cover is in the trunk when the car is delivered to the dealer. They are supposed to install it when the car is "prepped". I my case they threw it away or it was not in the trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts