Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like it took a fairly hard hit but fared well overall. Not well enough to save apparently. There are some good pics of the damage and error messages that present themselves on the display that I assume were triggered by the airbag deployment and the passcode entry probably ensures that your autobody shop interacts with Honda with regards to the repair.

https://imageappky.car-part.com/image?seller=1470&partGUID=47FF331A-7531-4787-802E-B1396B88877D&vehicleGUID=0D0FC742-6715-4422-AA59-9BDE07490BF8&display=2019 Honda Insight Rear Door Assembly-Stock# B182139

or if it disappears:

https://perma.cc/BP6H-3LGE

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I looked at all the pictures and thought, "it's STILL a good looking car, even if damaged!"

The date stamp in some of the pictures is from December, so this happened a few months ago. If it was purchased at launch, the car averaged ~1000+ miles per month which is pretty normal.

The Aegean Blue car looks like it was sideswiped, rather than being caused by the Insight driver.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Ha - Maybe this is why our list of "Insight sightings" on the road are so few... these cars are on-road targets for other drivers, so we miss out on seeing them in driving action!

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
It's definitely an EX. It doesn't have that second row of buttons for the heated seats like the touring. The pictures of the interior are for the same car due to the unique blindspot mirrors attached to both of the side mirrors, too. The damage seems similar to what I have seen where one car signals to change lane thinking it is safe while the other car suddenly speeds up. Can't tell if this is a custom installation, or factory mistake.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
It's definitely an EX. It doesn't have that second row of buttons for the heated seats like the touring. The pictures of the interior are for the same car due to the unique blindspot mirrors attached to both of the side mirrors, too. The damage seems similar to what I have seen where one car signals to change lane thinking it is safe while the other car suddenly speeds up. Can't tell if this is a custom installation, or factory mistake.
Interesting theory, and this has been one of my concerns. The rear turn signals being on top and in clear plastic seem risky from a visibility standpoint (glare, reflectivity). Also not helped by lack of blindspot monitoring and small-ish side windows for lane change check. I've been wanting to tint the plastic yellow to make the turn signal more noticeable. These pictures remind me to exercise more caution when changing lanes in the meantime...

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Interesting theory, and this has been one of my concerns. The rear turn signals being on top and in clear plastic seem risky from a visibility standpoint (glare, reflectivity). Also not helped by lack of blindspot monitoring and small-ish side windows for lane change check. I've been wanting to tint the plastic yellow to make the turn signal more noticeable. These pictures remind me to exercise more caution when changing lanes in the meantime...
Here in Boston you have aggressive drivers that will speed up if they see you signal a lane change. It might actually be safer if you don't use your turn signals here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here in Boston you have aggressive drivers that will speed up if they see you signal a lane change. It might actually be safer if you don't use your turn signals here. :rolleyes:
LOL! Learned to drive on the roads and freeways of Los Angeles and the same there. By 17yo learned a workaround of signaling opposite direction of lane change and then quickly switching signal and moving over to the opposite lane. Never experienced any overt road rage from other drivers as a result (which was lucky for me, driving in that city in the late 80's).

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts