Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
This is my first new car. A beautiful Ag Blue! Shopped around and got the EX package. It's been almost a month and I really enjoy the gas savings.... And the smooth quiet ride.
Before this I had a wonderful 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Her name was black Betty. V6 with a manual transmission. She's still going, I passed her on to a friend, my 100+ mile daily commute is what put her over 250k miles. It was time. I'll never forget her...
I never imagined I would be in an Insight. I wanted a manual dangit and I thought if I could find a car that I liked 4k cheaper with comparable features, that the cost saving up front will balance the gas savings I would lose out on. Needless to say, I couldn't find better. I wanted a Civic hatchback stick.... But couldn't find one, and when I test drove the Civic Si sedan it all seemed so basic (tiny display, ONE USB PORT). I fell for the Insight tech. I compared it to the Ioniq and that felt cheap and plastic and uncomfortable IMO. I talked to much trash about Prius to even go look at one. Even though it wasn't a manual, I felt like I could deal with that since there wasn't a giant obtuse shifter that I couldn't use except for drive and park.
It's been 2500 miles and I really like it. Sound system could use some help.... But that's because I'm used to the Infinity (w/ sub) system that was stock in the last car. Black Betty needed those extra watts to drown out all the road/car noises. The Insight doesn't need that.
I'm sure I'll be along some questions around here. I've already got a few but I haven't dug through the forum to ask, so I'll look before I water anybody's time. Oh yeah, my name's Zack.

TL;DR I'm new and my name is Zack.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hello everybody,
This is my first new car. A beautiful Ag Blue! Shopped around and got the EX package. It's been almost a month and I really enjoy the gas savings.... And the smooth quiet ride.
Before this I had a wonderful 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Her name was black Betty. V6 with a manual transmission. She's still going, I passed her on to a friend, my 100+ mile daily commute is what put her over 250k miles. It was time. I'll never forget her...
I never imagined I would be in an Insight. I wanted a manual dangit and I thought if I could find a car that I liked 4k cheaper with comparable features, that the cost saving up front will balance the gas savings I would lose out on. Needless to say, I couldn't find better. I wanted a Civic hatchback stick.... But couldn't find one, and when I test drove the Civic Si sedan it all seemed so basic (tiny display, ONE USB PORT). I fell for the Insight tech. I compared it to the Ioniq and that felt cheap and plastic and uncomfortable IMO. I talked to much trash about Prius to even go look at one. Even though it wasn't a manual, I felt like I could deal with that since there wasn't a giant obtuse shifter that I couldn't use except for drive and park.
It's been 2500 miles and I really like it. Sound system could use some help.... But that's because I'm used to the Infinity (w/ sub) system that was stock in the last car. Black Betty needed those extra watts to drown out all the road/car noises. The Insight doesn't need that.
I'm sure I'll be along some questions around here. I've already got a few but I haven't dug through the forum to ask, so I'll look before I water anybody's time. Oh yeah, my name's Zack.

TL;DR I'm new and my name is Zack.
Hi, Zack!
Nice to see more Insight owners from Indiana where the car is built. :wink: Feel free to ask your questions if you're having trouble finding the answers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Finally another Aegean Blue EX owner, this forum is filled with WOP (White Orchid Pearl) insights, although I've seen two other Aegean Blue insights in the past 10 days.

Welcome, and we are glad to have you here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally another Aegean Blue EX owner, this forum is filled with WOP (White Orchid Pearl) insights, although I've seen two other Aegean Blue insights in the past 10 days.

Welcome, and we are glad to have you here.
It is a nice blue. I'm sure the road salt will show more on it than the white, but totally worth it so I don't look like a fleet vehicle! (Jk, not all rentals are white... Just a lot of them)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
The Aegean Blue really does attract your attention. I spotted an Insight earlier today on the corner of my eye due to the bright blue. I didn't pick Aegean Blue due to none for me to see at the dealerships I went to otherwise I would had chosen it. Majority of the Insights I've seen around Boston are either White or Modern Steel.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts