Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
This is my first new car. A beautiful Ag Blue! Shopped around and got the EX package. It's been almost a month and I really enjoy the gas savings.... And the smooth quiet ride.
Before this I had a wonderful 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Her name was black Betty. V6 with a manual transmission. She's still going, I passed her on to a friend, my 100+ mile daily commute is what put her over 250k miles. It was time. I'll never forget her...
I never imagined I would be in an Insight. I wanted a manual dangit and I thought if I could find a car that I liked 4k cheaper with comparable features, that the cost saving up front will balance the gas savings I would lose out on. Needless to say, I couldn't find better. I wanted a Civic hatchback stick.... But couldn't find one, and when I test drove the Civic Si sedan it all seemed so basic (tiny display, ONE USB PORT). I fell for the Insight tech. I compared it to the Ioniq and that felt cheap and plastic and uncomfortable IMO. I talked to much trash about Prius to even go look at one. Even though it wasn't a manual, I felt like I could deal with that since there wasn't a giant obtuse shifter that I couldn't use except for drive and park.
It's been 2500 miles and I really like it. Sound system could use some help.... But that's because I'm used to the Infinity (w/ sub) system that was stock in the last car. Black Betty needed those extra watts to drown out all the road/car noises. The Insight doesn't need that.
I'm sure I'll be along some questions around here. I've already got a few but I haven't dug through the forum to ask, so I'll look before I water anybody's time. Oh yeah, my name's Zack.

TL;DR I'm new and my name is Zack.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,904 Posts
Hello everybody,
This is my first new car. A beautiful Ag Blue! Shopped around and got the EX package. It's been almost a month and I really enjoy the gas savings.... And the smooth quiet ride.
Before this I had a wonderful 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Her name was black Betty. V6 with a manual transmission. She's still going, I passed her on to a friend, my 100+ mile daily commute is what put her over 250k miles. It was time. I'll never forget her...
I never imagined I would be in an Insight. I wanted a manual dangit and I thought if I could find a car that I liked 4k cheaper with comparable features, that the cost saving up front will balance the gas savings I would lose out on. Needless to say, I couldn't find better. I wanted a Civic hatchback stick.... But couldn't find one, and when I test drove the Civic Si sedan it all seemed so basic (tiny display, ONE USB PORT). I fell for the Insight tech. I compared it to the Ioniq and that felt cheap and plastic and uncomfortable IMO. I talked to much trash about Prius to even go look at one. Even though it wasn't a manual, I felt like I could deal with that since there wasn't a giant obtuse shifter that I couldn't use except for drive and park.
It's been 2500 miles and I really like it. Sound system could use some help.... But that's because I'm used to the Infinity (w/ sub) system that was stock in the last car. Black Betty needed those extra watts to drown out all the road/car noises. The Insight doesn't need that.
I'm sure I'll be along some questions around here. I've already got a few but I haven't dug through the forum to ask, so I'll look before I water anybody's time. Oh yeah, my name's Zack.

TL;DR I'm new and my name is Zack.
Hi, Zack!
Nice to see more Insight owners from Indiana where the car is built. :wink: Feel free to ask your questions if you're having trouble finding the answers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Finally another Aegean Blue EX owner, this forum is filled with *** (White Orchid Pearl) insights, although I've seen two other Aegean Blue insights in the past 10 days.

Welcome, and we are glad to have you here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally another Aegean Blue EX owner, this forum is filled with *** (White Orchid Pearl) insights, although I've seen two other Aegean Blue insights in the past 10 days.

Welcome, and we are glad to have you here.
It is a nice blue. I'm sure the road salt will show more on it than the white, but totally worth it so I don't look like a fleet vehicle! (Jk, not all rentals are white... Just a lot of them)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,904 Posts
The Aegean Blue really does attract your attention. I spotted an Insight earlier today on the corner of my eye due to the bright blue. I didn't pick Aegean Blue due to none for me to see at the dealerships I went to otherwise I would had chosen it. Majority of the Insights I've seen around Boston are either White or Modern Steel.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts