Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah, I'm curious to know, too. I assume he marked each tire somehow...
For me, since I have 40 front and 38 rear psi, I would know right away if TPMS didn’t go off..always does when I get a tire rotation..

Anyways, I’m at 24,591 and 50.7mpg (bought August 21st 2019). I’ve wondering if driving this car a lot (and conservatively) gets you better mpg. One thing I changed is I refill gas whenever I’m close to half a tank to keep tank always close to full (I’ve heard that improves mpg).

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
For me, since I have 40 front and 38 rear psi, I would know right away if TPMS didn’t go off..always does when I get a tire rotation.
Do you do the tire rotations yourself? If a dealer were 'supposed' to complete the tire rotation, wouldn't they fill all tires to same pressure and start the TPMS calibration (so the light would be off)?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do you do the tire rotations yourself? If a dealer were 'supposed' to complete the tire rotation, wouldn't they fill all tires to same pressure and start the TPMS calibration (so the light would be off)?

No.. i get them done for free at America's tire company ( i think they are throughout US, but got one close to me).. not paying $40 or whatever dealer charges.. + i tell every place (besides Costco) that i take my car to not touch tires as they have nitrogen..

·
Registered
338 Posts
For me, since I have 40 front and 38 rear psi, I would know right away if TPMS didn’t go off..always does when I get a tire rotation..

Anyways, I’m at 24,591 and 50.7mpg (bought August 21st 2019). I’ve wondering if driving this car a lot (and conservatively) gets you better mpg. One thing I changed is I refill gas whenever I’m close to half a tank to keep tank always close to full (I’ve heard that improves mpg).
correction: September 21 2019

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
correction: September 21 2019
Did you get an extended warranty? You're like an oil change away before you run out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you get an extended warranty? You're like an oil change away before you run out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

No never did.. you can still buy it if you are in the bumper to bumper warranty period correct?

I think I may call college hills Honda mentioned in the other thread. If it’s over 1500, which I suspect it will be, I’ll probably decline..

Anyone else have any other suggestions for extended Honda care warranty from any dealers throughout US?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Started this thread in June. My 2019 EX is now up to 36,000 miles. My wife and I are in the middle of a 7,200+ mile winter trip from Washington state to central Missouri, then to Texas, back to Missouri and then back to Washington state. Insight is plugging along nicely. Hit a raccoon in Missouri two weeks ago. No major damage, but the car will need some minor repairs when I return home to Spokane. Gas mileage is not that good, but it's as expected considering cold weather and high interstate speeds (often 78-83 mph in many places). On one stretch of I35 coming up from Texas I got only 29 mpg on a tank due to headwinds, cold weather in Kansas, and 80 mpg speeds (75 mph posted). Overall, still love the Insight EX and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Anyone out there have more than 36,000 miles?

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
No never did.. you can still buy it if you are in the bumper to bumper warranty period correct?

I think I may call college hills Honda mentioned in the other thread. If it’s over 1500, which I suspect it will be, I’ll probably decline..

Anyone else have any other suggestions for extended Honda care warranty from any dealers throughout US?
Yes, extended warranties (Honda Care and others) can be bought while in the bumper-to-bumper standard warranty period. However for Honda Care, it's most affordable when bought at <6k miles (longest terms, best pricing) and is no longer available once your car is >36k miles. Once over 36k miles, the only extended warranty options available for purchase are outside of Honda Care scope.

These separate threads for discussion/suggestions on extended warranty:

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts

https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/24492-post44.html
I think you said you do rideshare. Honda adds a surcharge for commercial purposes. I guess you can keep it a secret but do know that your warranty is void if they catch you.

https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/17186-post19.html

·
Registered
338 Posts
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/24492-post44.html
I think you said you do rideshare. Honda adds a surcharge for commercial purposes. I guess you can keep it a secret but do know that your warranty is void if they catch you.

https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/17186-post19.html
yeah i do.. im going to probably not get the Honda Care.. but i still have peace of mind it is a Honda (and not something like an Audi) and i take very good care of it.. when i had that steering column electrical problem a while back, my guess is because it was sitting on dealer lot for a bit (but who knows)..

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
yeah i do.. im going to probably not get the Honda Care.. but i still have peace of mind it is a Honda (and not something like an Audi) and i take very good care of it.. when i had that steering column electrical problem a while back, my guess is because it was sitting on dealer lot for a bit (but who knows)..
You should be fine as long as you follow the maintenance schedule. The extended California emissions warranty also covers a lot of components, too.

https://owners.honda.com/servicemaintenance/minder?year=2019&model=Insight
https://owners.honda.com/Documentum/Warranty/Partslist/2020_Honda_Insight_-_EWPL_-_APL10612_SIS.pdf

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
You should be fine as long as you follow the maintenance schedule. The extended California emissions warranty also covers a lot of components, too.

@Insightfu1 - keep in mind that the extended emissions warranty coverage is up to 150k miles for the hybrid components. At the rate you're adding miles (36k in 4 mo?), that coverage will end ~12 months from now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
@Insightfu1 - keep in mind that the extended emissions warranty coverage is up to 150k miles for the hybrid components. At the rate you're adding miles (36k in 4 mo?), that coverage will end ~12 months from now.
As you guys have figured out, this is mainly a work car for me..

I’m wondering if I could get to 300,000 miles without a hybrid battery change..I’ve heard about it in older Priuses..

We’ll have to see with the 3rd gen Insight..

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
As you guys have figured out, this is mainly a work car for me..

I’m wondering if I could get to 300,000 miles without a hybrid battery change..I’ve heard about it in older Priuses..

We’ll have to see with the 3rd gen Insight..
You will definitely be our guinea pig... keep us posted! At this driving pace, you'll have a 300k update for us in ~2.5 years.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Lol no body will believe I have 53000 on got it in September no problems till now just changing oil 🙂
Are you saying that in 3 months you have 53,000 miles on your Insight? How about as of January 21?

What kind of driving do you do to get that many miles on it, about 18,000 per month?

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
Are you saying that in 3 months you have 53,000 miles on your Insight? How about as of January 21?

What kind of driving do you do to get that many miles on it, about 18,000 per month?
Backtracking the posts and dates above from @Aminalmo, purchase date was Sep 2018 and 53k miles were accumulated by Jun 2019 (~6k/mo over 9 months).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Started this thread in June. My 2019 EX is now up to 36,000 miles. My wife and I are in the middle of a 7,200+ mile winter trip from Washington state to central Missouri, then to Texas, back to Missouri and then back to Washington state. Insight is plugging along nicely. Hit a raccoon in Missouri two weeks ago. No major damage, but the car will need some minor repairs when I return home to Spokane. Gas mileage is not that good, but it's as expected considering cold weather and high interstate speeds (often 78-83 mph in many places). On one stretch of I35 coming up from Texas I got only 29 mpg on a tank due to headwinds, cold weather in Kansas, and 80 mpg speeds (75 mph posted). Overall, still love the Insight EX and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Yep I'm right there with you at just over 36,000 miles now. Warranty is now gone :crying:. Averaging 47mpg throughout the 36k miles now, I would say 60% highway and 40% city. Highway speeds of 70-85 usually depending on traffic. Other than a small hiccup with my replacement windshield everything is great on the car.

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
Yep I'm right there with you at just over 36,000 miles now. Warranty is now gone :crying:. Averaging 47mpg throughout the 36k miles now, I would say 60% highway and 40% city. Highway speeds of 70-85 usually depending on traffic. Other than a small hiccup with my replacement windshield everything is great on the car.
Are you in one of the 15 'extended emissions warranty' states with any additional hybrid system coverage? - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/11380-post56.html

41 - 60 of 92 Posts