Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just hit 93,500 and my ‘19 insight is asking for transmission fluid to be changed my oil life is 15% I am guessing the interval is roughly 95,000.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
I just hit 93,500 and my ‘19 insight is asking for transmission fluid to be changed my oil life is 15% I am guessing the interval is roughly 95,000.
Any problems with the Insight after 93,500 miles? 😮

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any problems with the Insight after 93,500 miles? 😮
No issues at all, when it was new they replaced a mic for the noise cancellation system under warranty. Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week. I drive about 1200-1500 miles a week and haven’t had any problems. I am still on the factory brakes haha. I found I can go 40,000 between engine air filter replacement. I am curious to see what the fluid looks like I may have my mechanic save me a sample so I can see it. Feel free I’d you have any other questions!

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
No issues at all, when it was new they replaced a mic for the noise cancellation system under warranty. Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week. I drive about 1200-1500 miles a week and haven’t had any problems. I am still on the factory brakes haha. I found I can go 40,000 between engine air filter replacement. I am curious to see what the fluid looks like I may have my mechanic save me a sample so I can see it. Feel free I’d you have any other questions!
@Aminalmo had the highest reported mileage here but he hasn't report back since last year (probably busy driving :D).

https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/high-mileage-club.2550/post-17186

Nice to know mechanically the Insight is holding up and the factory brakes are still good. Did you do the infotainment software update that came out in April to see if that fix your bluetooth problem? What kind of mpg are you getting after that many miles?

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Aminalmo had the highest reported mileage here but he hasn't report back since last year (probably busy driving :D).

https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/high-mileage-club.2550/post-17186

Nice to know mechanically the Insight is holding up and the factory brakes are still good. Did you do the infotainment software update that came out in April to see if that fix your bluetooth problem? What kind of mpg are you getting after that many miles?
I was hoping that would fix it but it hasn’t. I think it happens if I leave the car with my phone and return without shutting off the car. I reset trip A after the first oil change and it says I have averaged 49.3mpg over 79,797 miles. I live in Buffalo, NY and it’s pretty cold here in the winter I think that number is excellent (I’m a spirited driver also).

I am still getting the same mpg as when it was new. I have only noticed a little lag in the engine if i accelerate very fast (floor) which I think is due to the dirty fluid around the electric motors. It’s nothing very serious maybe .5 second or so. My poor insight had also taken a pretty bad hit the entire front end has been replaced including the radar system. That was an interesting experience. The parts pricing on the headlight and radar assembly (and the labor to calibrate it) are very high!

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
I was hoping that would fix it but it hasn’t. I think it happens if I leave the car with my phone and return without shutting off the car. I reset trip A after the first oil change and it says I have averaged 49.3mpg over 79,797 miles. I live in Buffalo, NY and it’s pretty cold here in the winter I think that number is excellent (I’m a spirited driver also).

I am still getting the same mpg as when it was new. I have only noticed a little lag in the engine if i accelerate very fast (floor) which I think is due to the dirty fluid around the electric motors. It’s nothing very serious maybe .5 second or so. My poor insight had also taken a pretty bad hit the entire front end has been replaced including the radar system. That was an interesting experience. The parts pricing on the headlight and radar assembly (and the labor to calibrate it) are very high!
I don't use bluetooth enough to know if my car does the same thing since I always plug it in for CarPlay. Your lifetime average is similar to mine and I'm in Boston. Yeah, the headlights are expensive and I don't want to know how much the radar cost. 😅

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week.
I don't use bluetooth enough to know if my car does the same thing since I always plug it in for CarPlay.
I haven't had any issues at all with Bluetooth. Super seamless and reliable experience on my end so far.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I'm now at 45,000+ on my 2019 EX

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am now at 113,000 and I am getting the code to exchange coolant at the next service interval which should be due around 120,000ish miles. Looks like the coolant life stays 120k with gen 3!!! So far so good, the (all original) brakes have just the sliiightest pulse to them now during strong braking I am thinking perhaps they may need to be serviced soon, no mechanical issues with the car to date. Cosmetically the clearcoat is starting to chip off of the front at the a pillars and rear wheel well rocker panels where the car wash brushes beat on the paint but considering I have to run through the unlimited car wash club literally daily (400+ miles a day) it has been through spinning brush wash over 600 times. Pretty durable, it hasn't even made it down to the paint yet. Keep in mind this car has 9 years worth of mileage and I couldn't put it through tougher daily use at 6 hours a day. Every service visit they do a double take at the mileage it looks new still. I will keep all posted as I am now up to 104k a year of driving for my business it will be 200k plus by next summer.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts