Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just hit 93,500 and my ‘19 insight is asking for transmission fluid to be changed my oil life is 15% I am guessing the interval is roughly 95,000.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,806 Posts
I just hit 93,500 and my ‘19 insight is asking for transmission fluid to be changed my oil life is 15% I am guessing the interval is roughly 95,000.
Any problems with the Insight after 93,500 miles? 😮

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any problems with the Insight after 93,500 miles? 😮
No issues at all, when it was new they replaced a mic for the noise cancellation system under warranty. Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week. I drive about 1200-1500 miles a week and haven’t had any problems. I am still on the factory brakes haha. I found I can go 40,000 between engine air filter replacement. I am curious to see what the fluid looks like I may have my mechanic save me a sample so I can see it. Feel free I’d you have any other questions!

·
Super Moderator
2,806 Posts
No issues at all, when it was new they replaced a mic for the noise cancellation system under warranty. Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week. I drive about 1200-1500 miles a week and haven’t had any problems. I am still on the factory brakes haha. I found I can go 40,000 between engine air filter replacement. I am curious to see what the fluid looks like I may have my mechanic save me a sample so I can see it. Feel free I’d you have any other questions!
@Aminalmo had the highest reported mileage here but he hasn't report back since last year (probably busy driving :D).

https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/high-mileage-club.2550/post-17186

Nice to know mechanically the Insight is holding up and the factory brakes are still good. Did you do the infotainment software update that came out in April to see if that fix your bluetooth problem? What kind of mpg are you getting after that many miles?

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Aminalmo had the highest reported mileage here but he hasn't report back since last year (probably busy driving :D).

https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/high-mileage-club.2550/post-17186

Nice to know mechanically the Insight is holding up and the factory brakes are still good. Did you do the infotainment software update that came out in April to see if that fix your bluetooth problem? What kind of mpg are you getting after that many miles?
I was hoping that would fix it but it hasn’t. I think it happens if I leave the car with my phone and return without shutting off the car. I reset trip A after the first oil change and it says I have averaged 49.3mpg over 79,797 miles. I live in Buffalo, NY and it’s pretty cold here in the winter I think that number is excellent (I’m a spirited driver also).

I am still getting the same mpg as when it was new. I have only noticed a little lag in the engine if i accelerate very fast (floor) which I think is due to the dirty fluid around the electric motors. It’s nothing very serious maybe .5 second or so. My poor insight had also taken a pretty bad hit the entire front end has been replaced including the radar system. That was an interesting experience. The parts pricing on the headlight and radar assembly (and the labor to calibrate it) are very high!

·
Super Moderator
2,806 Posts
I was hoping that would fix it but it hasn’t. I think it happens if I leave the car with my phone and return without shutting off the car. I reset trip A after the first oil change and it says I have averaged 49.3mpg over 79,797 miles. I live in Buffalo, NY and it’s pretty cold here in the winter I think that number is excellent (I’m a spirited driver also).

I am still getting the same mpg as when it was new. I have only noticed a little lag in the engine if i accelerate very fast (floor) which I think is due to the dirty fluid around the electric motors. It’s nothing very serious maybe .5 second or so. My poor insight had also taken a pretty bad hit the entire front end has been replaced including the radar system. That was an interesting experience. The parts pricing on the headlight and radar assembly (and the labor to calibrate it) are very high!
I don't use bluetooth enough to know if my car does the same thing since I always plug it in for CarPlay. Your lifetime average is similar to mine and I'm in Boston. Yeah, the headlights are expensive and I don't want to know how much the radar cost. 😅

·
Administrator
4,499 Posts
Everything else has worked perfectly except that my phone (and previous phone) intermittently drop the Bluetooth and won’t reconnect. That happens about once a week.
I don't use bluetooth enough to know if my car does the same thing since I always plug it in for CarPlay.
I haven't had any issues at all with Bluetooth. Super seamless and reliable experience on my end so far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I'm now at 45,000+ on my 2019 EX

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am now at 113,000 and I am getting the code to exchange coolant at the next service interval which should be due around 120,000ish miles. Looks like the coolant life stays 120k with gen 3!!! So far so good, the (all original) brakes have just the sliiightest pulse to them now during strong braking I am thinking perhaps they may need to be serviced soon, no mechanical issues with the car to date. Cosmetically the clearcoat is starting to chip off of the front at the a pillars and rear wheel well rocker panels where the car wash brushes beat on the paint but considering I have to run through the unlimited car wash club literally daily (400+ miles a day) it has been through spinning brush wash over 600 times. Pretty durable, it hasn't even made it down to the paint yet. Keep in mind this car has 9 years worth of mileage and I couldn't put it through tougher daily use at 6 hours a day. Every service visit they do a double take at the mileage it looks new still. I will keep all posted as I am now up to 104k a year of driving for my business it will be 200k plus by next summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keyless remote battery & front brake rotors:
The car is alerting me that the battery for one key fob (I have only used the one so far- the other sits in a drawer) is low and needs to be replaced. I have now 124,000mi. Pretty good life out of one little battery, and I appreciated the heads up! Will update after I speak to the stealership about battery type and or if the key will need to be reprogrammed. (If they say that i'll get a second opinion from a local locksmith/key making guy)
I have noticed a moderate pulse from the front rotors- the pads are still going strong at 124k but I believe my first front brake job is starting to creep its way nearish. They shake pretty bad with strong braking. Not bad for OEM brakes in salty old Buffalo, NY!

·
Administrator
4,499 Posts
The car is alerting me that the battery for one key fob (I have only used the one so far- the other sits in a drawer) is low and needs to be replaced. I have now 124,000mi. Pretty good life out of one little battery, and I appreciated the heads up! Will update after I speak to the stealership about battery type and or if the key will need to be reprogrammed. (If they say that i'll get a second opinion from a local locksmith/key making guy)
The key shouldn't need to be reprogrammed. Battery type for the key fob is CR 2032. Battery replacement should be pretty easy/painless. Sample instruction video posted in this separate thread.

FYI - in "worst case" scenarios, even if the fob battery is totally dead, the car can still be started by placing the transponder directly next to the power button. The battery just amplifies the transponder signal, but the transponder is always active.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,352 Posts
Battery is a CR2032 and takes literally 20 seconds to replace. DON'T GO TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE KEY FOB BATTERY!

I did the two fobs for my wife's Civic and my two for the Insight in about two minutes. Most of that time was getting the fobs out of the silicone fob covers we added to them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My Insight just ran out of its factory warranty at 36,000 miles. 0 problems. Best new car I’ve ever owned! Also the cheapest to operate. I feel really silly buying that extended warranty.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Guys, I am horrified to report that after 57,000 miles, the D button on my gear selector switch is starting to show signs of wear.. I think I am going to have to trade it in soon..

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Insight just ran out of its factory warranty at 36,000 miles. 0 problems. Best new car I’ve ever owned! Also the cheapest to operate. I feel really silly buying that extended warranty.
Most of them you can get a prorated refund. I would advise that! I have 137,000 miles and no repairs out of the factory warranty! Call the warranty company not the stealership if possible!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts