Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Related note:

I had been using brake hold when on a hill so I wouldn't roll backwards. After being bored and reading the manual, it turns out that anti-rollback if already built in. If stopped facing uphill and in drive (with brake hold off), the Insight will not roll backwards. The same applies while facing downhill in reverse. Man, they thought of everything!

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Related note:

I had been using brake hold when on a hill so I wouldn't roll backwards. After being bored and reading the manual, it turns out that anti-rollback if already built in. If stopped facing uphill and in drive (with brake hold off), the Insight will not roll backwards. The same applies while facing downhill in reverse. Man, they thought of everything!
Funny, I had done the same with brake hold previously as well, until reading similar info in manual. I realized something else was in play because I had opened the door while on an incline and brake hold disengaged itself. Formal name for the anti-roll feature is "Hill Start Assist."

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny, I had done the same with brake hold previously as well, until reading similar info in manual. I realized something else was in play because I had opened the door while on an incline and brake hold disengaged itself. Formal name for the anti-roll feature is "Hill Start Assist."
Good to know. I have noticed some roll on gentle incline/decline that the brake hold seems to prevent.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know. I have noticed some roll on gentle incline/decline that the brake hold seems to prevent.
The "hill assist" only prevents rolling in the opposite direction of what the gear selector is set to. Are you still rolling backwards when facing uphill in drive? Mine was rock solid on an incline today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts