Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was browsing eBay for to see what's cool in the scale model cars. There were many Honda Civic Type R models that look incredibly cool. I then found these Honda Insight models. I was shocked by the price of it!
They seem to be the Japan/Asia region Insights considering they have RHD, chrome grille, and moonroof delete.

In the seller's notes, it stated that the model is Honda genuine, and the brand is Honda Commtec. I googled it and it seems to be Honda's marketing and promo division.

But the price is the only obstacle for me. I hope there is more third-party companies that would manufacture the Insight scale models.

Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-1-43-HO...991332?hash=item4d9ce8e864:g:az8AAOSwZIVdnUf9

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Nice! I saw a kid playing with a Matchbox version of the Gen2 Insight, and was hoping one would come out for the Gen3. It's not quite a scale model, but a nod/homage to the car. I'd buy a Matchbox version as a memento if/when they're available and get less pricy. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I saw a kid playing with a Matchbox version of the Gen2 Insight, and was hoping one would come out for the Gen3. It's not quite a scale model, but a nod/homage to the car. I'd buy a Matchbox version as a memento if/when they're available and get less pricy. :)
Wow that is a pretty accurate looking matchbox Gen2 Insight.

Another matchbox car brand that I really like is Tomica. So far they have the Prius Prime and other non sports-cars which is pretty cool. Hopefully they will make a Gen3 Insight.
Walmart will begin selling Tomica cars soon so that's good news!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow! $109.99, plus 19 for shipping. I don't think I'll be purchasing one of those anytime soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Saw these a the supermarket. I always thought the coolest Hondas was the NSX, Integra, Prelude and S2000.

The 3G Prelude was really cool... but haven't never owned one, I passed on it.

The autonomous Roborace is pretty cool as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts