Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a honda Insight 2019 copart at auction. The car has damage to the front and has airbags open. The car does not Start Engine.
As my friend told me the airbags when opened on the car it does not start. The nearest diagnostics is 200 miles from my town. After 2 days I am going to take the car to that city. but before that I ask do you have any experience here Can airbag sensors prevent the car from turning on? I am a new owner of this car and If anything I asked for nonsense Sorry for this. Thanks a lot.
Good luck

· Registered
137 Posts
One possibility: the airbag fuse is blown and it shares a circuit with another component: (in this Del Sol, the fuel pump)

However, it may require hooking up to a Honda specific scanner to clear codes and reset the SRS system.

· Registered
692 Posts
Sounds reasonable for car manufacturers to disable starting car when air bags deploy. When I got into an accident in my 2010 Prius, the side airbags deployed and I wasn’t able to start car after that.

there might be a workaround electronically though but I have no idea how to do that.. you may research some more to see if Hondas have a workaround..

· Registered
408 Posts
You can get it started but you will need a device able to scan the system and delete fault codes. According to video below, you need to delete the electric system fault codes first, followed by the drive system fault codes in order to get the car to start. Another possibility is a blown pre fuse or fuse block near the battery as per this link : Car Won't Start After an Accident - YOUCANIC

· Registered
2 Posts
Купил на аукционе копарт Хонда Инсайт 2019 года. Автомобиль имеет повреждения передней части и открытые подушки безопасности. Автомобиль не заводит двигатель.
Как сказал мне мой друг подушки безопасности при раскрытии на машине она не заводится. Ближайшая диагностика находится в 200 км от моего города. Через 2 дня собираюсь забрать машину в этот город. но перед этим спрошу есть ли у вас тут опыт Могут ли датчики подушки безопасности препятствовать включению автомобиля? Я новый владелец этой машины и если что просил за ерунду извините за это. Большое спасибо.
Удачи
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

· Registered
2 Posts
На хонда инсайт есть такая причина что после аварии компьютер гибридной батареи перестаёт работать причина этого аварийный режим нада сканировать ошибку и сбросить если загорится статус READY то значит все ок если нет нада купить новую компьютер на котори управляет гибридной батареи

1 - 6 of 6 Posts