Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Ex White
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I saw a few posts about the Honda Insight JDM spoiler that is only available in Japan and I fell in love with it. Then came the hard part of finding out how to actually purchase it and get it shipped to the USA for an affordable price.

So I started scouring the internet to find out where I could buy it and the only results that I could find were $300-$400 and then another $200-$300 for shipping. Then I saw that another user on this forum said they purchased one off of “Japanese eBay”. So I’m searched for that and finally found it.

The website is called Buyee.jp , it will be in Japanese so the google translate add on is recommended. From there you want to search for ZE4 71700-TXN, this is the part number for the spoiler. You may see 71700-TXN-J11ZH , that last number combo is the paint code.

So I went ahead purchased one and had it shipped to me. It only took like 2 weeks to receive it and I have spent a total of maybe $140 so far.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Software

Now that I have received it, comes the challenge of installing it. I can not find instructions or templates anywhere for the hole pattern that will need to be drilled to install the spoiler. The closest thing I have found is a explosion diagram like this.
Font Auto part Engineering Parallel Drawing

If anyone has any ideas on where to find instructions or measurements please let me know. Here are some some photos of a test fit / sitting on my trunk.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive side-view mirror

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Mugen parts for this car are top tier. I would love to get the body kit and have it imported but I know it’ll end up costing $2k-$4k by the end of it.

Thanks for the tip. Out of all the spoilers available for the 3rd gen Insight, I think the Mugen one is the best looking and most exotic. I’m thinking about buying the Mugen body kit from an importer with the Mugen spoiler.

View attachment 7581

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

I have been searching everywhere I can and I came across this Japanese car forum website called minkara.carview.co.jp . One of the users on there has an Insight and has done a few exterior modifications. They decided to combine the American spoiler and the Japanese to where they are both installed.

They posted a few pictures of the different stages of progress and I think they will be helpful if I can not get my hands on an install manual/pdf.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Waste container Font Gas Gadget Electric blue

The pictures roughly show, in blue, the locations of the original holes for the JDM spoiler which are actually square/rectangular slots. The holes for the American spoiler are located in the green and red.

They also had a picture of a manual with the JDM spoiler in it.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Product Vehicle

So I messaged them to see if they could send me that pdf. I am waiting on a response now. I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Please do. I have a brand-new OEM spoiler and I’m not 100% sure on getting the Mugen body kit (due to price) so this two spoiler option sounds very very interesting and I may pursue that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I was quite surprised when I saw it myself for the first time. The persons instagram is @take_ze4, I think they are a photographer but they have lots of pics of their car and they have done a few mods as well.
Sky Vehicle Wheel Car Tire

Please do. I have a brand-new OEM spoiler and I’m not 100% sure on getting the Mugen body kit (due to price) so this two spoiler option sounds very very interesting and I may pursue that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

So I have tried messaging the person a few times, regarding the installation pdf. They have yet to respond, so instead of sitting around and waiting I tried figuring it out my self.

Now from the research that I have done it seems like to me that this spoiler is a factory option and the USA spoiler is the aftermarket choice. I’m thinking that you really aren’t supposed to buy this spoiler aftermarket unless you are replacing it on an existing car. One of the company’s I emailed also told me this. So with that being said I might be on my own for this one.

To start I taped a bunch of pieces of paper together that would be long enough to stretch across the trunk lid (got this idea from the American spoiler install instructions). To make a template a then used charcoal/pencil led to sketch the curves of the car onto the paper. Looked something like this:

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle

Then I trimmed the paper down to fit the contour of the trunk. From there I used a drop of paint on the bolts of the spoiler. Then I test fitted the spoiler a couple times to mark the general area of where the spoiler will sit (don’t worry no Insights were harmed in this process).
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Grille Car

After that I brought it inside to do some measurements and to compare with the spoiler.

Sleeve Wood Rectangle Font Tree

Rectangle Wood Sleeve Art Font

I think this will help me get the confidence to drill holes in the trunk of my poor Insight sometime soon. I will keep messing with and keep y’all updated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes I was quite surprised when I saw it myself for the first time. The persons instagram is @take_ze4, I think they are a photographer but they have lots of pics of their car and they have done a few mods as well.
View attachment 7592
Cool.. it looks better because they have an aggressive body kit and flashy wheels..not sure if it would look great without..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts