Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I signed up for the Remote Services trial and no remote command is working. I am getting the "Remote Command Failed" pretty much instantly. I had to re-pair the app with the car by scanning the VIN. I tried many times with my old pin (the one I set up for the trial you get when you buy the car, it was working fine back then, not great, by fine). Then I called the HondaLink support to change the pin. Still not working. I am able to get the status of the car though, with the range and odometer. I am also able to call HondaLink from the car, which teells me the car can connect to ATT just fine.

Note:
  • I am on the latest firware update, and of course I've done the one where 3G goes away
  • I am connected to my home WIFI with my car
  • I live in a city and have perfect ATT service
  • I also connected the phone with the cable to the car, just in case it does anything.

Any help on that?

· Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
290 Posts
Something squirrelly happened last week with hondalink where I had to scan the VIN again and it seemed I lost access to vehicle status. Going to double check things tonight.

· Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
290 Posts
Missed a second step configuring the new HondaLink app - Under Manage Features, it stepped me through scanning the VIN again and then having me confirm connection to the car. Took two attempts but now connected and have back status of the car (range, odometer, oil life). I assume this also means map destination "Send to Car".

Manage features lists complimentary driver feedback with insurance discount alerts. I'm pretty sure this wasn't available when I got the car. I'm eligible now for a hotspot trial for 3 months/3GB data. Not entirely convinced of the value when I've got my phone.

HondaLink paid packages are now Concierge, Remote, and Security.

Remote includes:
  • remote start, security alarm alert, Amazon Alexa Skill, Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Find My Car, Geofence Alert, Speed Alert, and Destination by Voice, Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • I'm almost certain Destination by Voice is new since I never tested that with my built-in Navi during my free period

Security:
- automatic collision notification, emergency call, personal data wipe, enhanced roadside assistance

Not sure if any of this helps @pasei especially since it seems you've explored the app inside out.

Reactions: jensight

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Missed a second step configuring the new HondaLink app - Under Manage Features, it stepped me through scanning the VIN again and then having me confirm connection to the car. Took two attempts but now connected and have back status of the car (range, odometer, oil life). I assume this also means map destination "Send to Car".

Manage features lists complimentary driver feedback with insurance discount alerts. I'm pretty sure this wasn't available when I got the car. I'm eligible now for a hotspot trial for 3 months/3GB data. Not entirely convinced of the value when I've got my phone.

HondaLink paid packages are now Concierge, Remote, and Security.

Remote includes:
  • remote start, security alarm alert, Amazon Alexa Skill, Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Find My Car, Geofence Alert, Speed Alert, and Destination by Voice, Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • I'm almost certain Destination by Voice is new since I never tested that with my built-in Navi during my free period

Security:
- automatic collision notification, emergency call, personal data wipe, enhanced roadside assistance

Not sure if any of this helps @pasei especially since it seems you've explored the app inside out.
THanks! I have the remote trial, so I should be able to lock/unlock/start the car from the app, but nothing works unfortunately!

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed. Had to call support and they put the telematics team on it. Was overall a kind of a complicated process with many phone calls, but it works great now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts