Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't cause any issues with the App as it works. Just wondering why it doesn't acknowledge that my S9+ is connected. I have gone through all the removing and adding the Phone to the System but it doesn't make a difference. I also did all the uninstalling, clearing cache and data on the Phone and that doesn't make a difference. All the other Phone functions work on the Car using Bluetooth. I did test my Wife's older LG Phone and it does show up as being connected. Just curious if any one else had the same issue with their Phone.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Do you use Honda Link app on your phone? If you turn off the bluetooth connection (which looks active in icons above), might that change the phone connection status on this screen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do use the Honda Link App on my Phone for the Remote Services. I use Bluetooth to connect the Phone to the Car so I have to keep BT on both the Car and my Phone. The directions say to use Honda Link for the Connection which is BT. I tried just using a USB Cable and it still shows disconnected. It may be just a glitch with the Honda Servers. I opened a couple of cases with Honda but they don't seem to enthused about getting it fixed. They agree it could be a back end Server issue but they have no time line on a fix. Toyota had some issues with my 2018 Camry but they worked hard to fix them and it has been good ever since. My Wife's old LG K20 connects using the same method but it does show up as being connected. I may just have to life with the glitch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had tried the BT off and on a while back and it made no difference. I with there was a clear data and cache on the 2020 for the head unit's Hondalink App but there isn't. I may try my old Phone with Nougat and see if it works which would leave me to believe its some kind of glitch when using a Samsung 9+. I told Honda that it doesn't make since for it to recognize an old Phone but not a newer top of the line model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts