Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going in for an oil change tomorrow at dealer and I just found out they check aux battery health for free.
I thought all Honda dealerships check the 12v battery for free as part of multi-point.

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
I thought all Honda dealerships check the 12v battery for free as part of multi-point.
Yes, that's my experience as well... the "red / green / yellow" sheet they give you to summarize inspection. However, only "good" (green) and "bad" (red) are listed on the summary; no specific charge result or measured value.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's my experience as well... the "red / green / yellow" sheet they give you to summarize inspection. However, only "good" (green) and "bad" (red) are listed on the summary; no specific charge result or measured value.
Sometimes they give me a battery condition receipt along with that multi-point sheet and sometimes they don't. :unsure:

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
703 Posts
Sometimes they give me a battery condition receipt along with that multi-point sheet and sometimes they don't. :unsure:
<music playing> "Sometimes you feel like a nut.------ Sometimes you don't" Old musical slogan for a product. 20 points to the person who guesses it. Insightfully you're automatically disqualified for being too brainy! 🤪

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<music playing> "Sometimes you feel like a nut.------ Sometimes you don't" Old musical slogan for a product. 20 points to the person who guesses it. Insightfully you're automatically disqualified for being too brainy! 🤪
I cheated by using google... I wasn't even born yet when those commercials came out. :whistle:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just checked a couple of random Honda dealerships and what their free multi point inspection entails and 12v battery check is not listed.

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Just checked a couple of random Honda dealerships and what their free multi point inspection entails and 12v battery check is not listed.
I'm confused... your mention in post #34 that dealer would check your battery for free with oil change. Did something change and/or cause you to check with other dealers?

This is consistent with the generic blurb from the Honda Owners website which describes multi-point inspection as including tires, brakes, and battery as complimentary with any service.

The recent multi-point inspection summary I received from dealer with B service and fuel pump impeller recall repair looked something like this, with 12V battery good/bad status indicated. I asked about the HV battery status/testing, and they said that was not straightforward test nor included in multi-point inspection.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks like it is.. I just googled free Honda multi point inspection and didn’t see battery check in some of the lists..

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Looks like it is.. I just googled free Honda multi point inspection and didn’t see battery check in some of the lists..
Odd. I googled as well and the dealers that listed detail on what they check include 12V battery check as part of inspection. In the end, I guess what matters is the dealer you actually take it to. The dealer I use always includes the printed summary with battery check.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That multi-point checklist is the exact same at my dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Odd. I googled as well and the dealers that listed detail on what they check include 12V battery check as part of inspection. In the end, I guess what matters is the dealer you actually take it to. The dealer I use always includes the printed summary with battery check.
The real question is, how much of the work on that checklist do they actually perform and how much do they skip over because they are running behind. :sneaky:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts