Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going in for an oil change tomorrow at dealer and I just found out they check aux battery health for free.
I thought all Honda dealerships check the 12v battery for free as part of multi-point.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
I thought all Honda dealerships check the 12v battery for free as part of multi-point.
Yes, that's my experience as well... the "red / green / yellow" sheet they give you to summarize inspection. However, only "good" (green) and "bad" (red) are listed on the summary; no specific charge result or measured value.

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's my experience as well... the "red / green / yellow" sheet they give you to summarize inspection. However, only "good" (green) and "bad" (red) are listed on the summary; no specific charge result or measured value.
Sometimes they give me a battery condition receipt along with that multi-point sheet and sometimes they don't. :unsure:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sometimes they give me a battery condition receipt along with that multi-point sheet and sometimes they don't. :unsure:
<music playing> "Sometimes you feel like a nut.------ Sometimes you don't" Old musical slogan for a product. 20 points to the person who guesses it. Insightfully you're automatically disqualified for being too brainy! 🤪

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<music playing> "Sometimes you feel like a nut.------ Sometimes you don't" Old musical slogan for a product. 20 points to the person who guesses it. Insightfully you're automatically disqualified for being too brainy! 🤪
I cheated by using google... I wasn't even born yet when those commercials came out. :whistle:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just checked a couple of random Honda dealerships and what their free multi point inspection entails and 12v battery check is not listed.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Just checked a couple of random Honda dealerships and what their free multi point inspection entails and 12v battery check is not listed.
I'm confused... your mention in post #34 that dealer would check your battery for free with oil change. Did something change and/or cause you to check with other dealers?

This is consistent with the generic blurb from the Honda Owners website which describes multi-point inspection as including tires, brakes, and battery as complimentary with any service.

The recent multi-point inspection summary I received from dealer with B service and fuel pump impeller recall repair looked something like this, with 12V battery good/bad status indicated. I asked about the HV battery status/testing, and they said that was not straightforward test nor included in multi-point inspection.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks like it is.. I just googled free Honda multi point inspection and didn’t see battery check in some of the lists..

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Looks like it is.. I just googled free Honda multi point inspection and didn’t see battery check in some of the lists..
Odd. I googled as well and the dealers that listed detail on what they check include 12V battery check as part of inspection. In the end, I guess what matters is the dealer you actually take it to. The dealer I use always includes the printed summary with battery check.

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That multi-point checklist is the exact same at my dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts