Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I bought my 2019 Insight Touring in May 2019. One morning in late September I went out to start the car as usual and the whole suite of driver attention lights related to Honda Sending (ACC, LKAS, road departure mitigation, auto high-beam) lit up with the message to contact the dealer. During the first appointment the error was diagnosed as, "retrieved DTC B2A60-49 multipurpose camera unit internal electrical failure", I had a second appointment to "install 36163-TXM-A44 camera set" -- these are what's printed on the service invoice. Well, this morning I went out to drive the car as usual and the same set of driver attention lights came on again with the same message to contact the dealer. Needless to say, this is very frustrating as the car is not even a year old at this point and I really don't drive it that much. Wondering if anyone has advice other than just keep taking the car into the dealer -- although everything is still under warranty I worry that the problem will keep happening and eventually the warranty will run out and then... you get the idea. Anyone with words of wisdom?

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Hi Everyone, I bought my 2019 Insight Touring in May 2019. One morning in late September I went out to start the car as usual and the whole suite of driver attention lights related to Honda Sending (ACC, LKAS, road departure mitigation, auto high-beam) lit up with the message to contact the dealer. During the first appointment the error was diagnosed as, "retrieved DTC B2A60-49 multipurpose camera unit internal electrical failure", I had a second appointment to "install 36163-TXM-A44 camera set" -- these are what's printed on the service invoice. Well, this morning I went out to drive the car as usual and the same set of driver attention lights came on again with the same message to contact the dealer. Needless to say, this is very frustrating as the car is not even a year old at this point and I really don't drive it that much. Wondering if anyone has advice other than just keep taking the car into the dealer -- although everything is still under warranty I worry that the problem will keep happening and eventually the warranty will run out and then... you get the idea. Anyone with words of wisdom?
I bold the parts that stood out to me. I think you need to ask them to check your 12v battery's health. If the 12v battery is not getting charged from frequent driving it will start to fail. DTCs can show up due to low battery voltage. Modern cars have lots of electronic systems that are constantly on even when you turn off the car which can slowly drain the 12v battery. Things like grabbing the door handle to unlock the door relies on a radio that's constantly on listening for the keyfob. Always on systems used to run checks on HV battery health and fuel leaks. Even the infotainment system is running in standby when the car is off.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
Andrew is on to something. If you can start and drive the car when this happens, do the errors come back on a subsequent restart? A good 20-30 minute drive should charge the battery enough if low 12v battery charge was the issue. In any event, Honda testing the 12v AGM battery is your next step.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
The issue statement and resolution sound similar to what @safedad described. Brake and other warning lights came up (and stayed up after restarting the car). The camera was diagnosed with "internal failure" which sounds similar to your issue. The camera was replaced and calibrated, and seems to have been trouble free since then. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/282-2019-honda-insight-complaints-issues-problems/3544-just-little-over-6k-getting-all-these-warnings-6.html

Did you see any mention of "calibration" on your invoice? If not, ask the dealer to complete it, since it should be done after the camera is replaced. Perhaps that's causing some of the alerts/issues?

If all else fails and the problem continues to occur but dealer can't resolve after 3-4 attempts, the issue should qualify for lemon law, depending on your state. You've logged at least two of these occurrences thru the dealer, so you're kind of heading down that path...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts