Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate how expensive it is! I don't want to let myself enjoy the Remote tier (remote start from anywhere, lock/unlock from anywhere, activate lights/horn anywhere to find your car in a parking garage) because it costs $110/year after the trial ends. That's Netflix for a whole year!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
730 Posts
I think hondalink is a bit pricey, but I have found it to be invaluable during winter for remote starting my car at the mall. Being a mall employee I have to park quite a distance from my building and the remote start on the fob can't reach that far so having hondalink during the winter is invaluable. To be frank I don't really bother with it much during warm weather periods so it's basically like over $100 for 5 to 6 months of useful service. Personally they need to drop the price a bit. I'll stop complaining about the lack of a digital mph speedometer if they give me a nice discount. How about it Honda?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think hondalink is a bit pricey, but I have found it to be invaluable during winter for remote starting my car at the mall. Being a mall employee I have to park quite a distance from my building and the remote start on the fob can't reach that far so having hondalink during the winter is invaluable. To be frank I don't really bother with it much during warm weather periods so it's basically like over $100 for 5 to 6 months of useful service. Personally they need to drop the price a bit. I'll stop complaining about the lack of a digital mph speedometer if they give me a nice discount. How about it Honda?
At the time I bought it I told myself that I’d use it in the summer to cool down the car. But even with my black leather interior, I find that a few seconds of AC is (personally) enough, so I don’t remote start over the summer either. I don’t need the entire car to be cool to find it driveworthy.

It probably helps that I’m in the driver's seat. Backseat passengers don’t have vents.

The winter is a totally different story.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/14/fordpass-connect-free-features/
Ford announced today they're removing the paywall from remote start and unlock via app. Honda should do the same to entice more people to get the Touring trim.

·
Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
379 Posts
My HondaLink trial expired yesterday... really annoying to pay $110 just to remote start the car once a week, if that. Does anybody know if discounts are offered after not renewing and waiting for a bit?

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
My HondaLink trial expired yesterday... really annoying to pay $110 just to remote start the car once a week, if that. Does anybody know if discounts are offered after not renewing and waiting for a bit?
Not sure there's enough collective data, as most either love it and continue, or cancel at the end of trial period. For those in other forums (Accord, Passport, Odyssey) that have canceled, no "win back" programs have been mentioned with discounts to incent renewal. However Clarity forums mention that there are "Clarity only" features on HondaLink, and they get it free for the life of the car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not sure there's enough collective data, as most either love it and continue, or cancel at the end of trial period. For those in other forums (Accord, Passport, Odyssey) that have canceled, no "win back" programs have been mentioned with discounts to incent renewal. However Clarity forums mention that there are "Clarity only" features on HondaLink, and they get it free for the life of the car.
Thanks. Not cool from Honda. They really should give us at least a couple of years. With one remote start a week it comes down to $2 per use :crying:

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
730 Posts
Thanks. Not cool from Honda. They really should give us at least a couple of years. With one remote start a week it comes down to $2 per use [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/images/NO_BRAND/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/img]
I agree that with the purchase of a new car they should at the very least offer a more reasonable price for remote start. I do have to add that the price is relatively in line with the cost of remote start by cell packages I've seen with aftermarket remote starters. They seem to be about $9 a month. It would also be nice if Honda offered a monthly prescription instead so we could save money in the summer, but that just wouldn't be possible. Would it! 🤔

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree that with the purchase of a new car they should at the very least offer a more reasonable price for remote start. I do have to add that the price is relatively in line with the cost of remote start by cell packages I've seen with aftermarket remote starters. They seem to be about $9 a month. It would also be nice if Honda offered a monthly prescription instead so we could save money in the summer, but that just wouldn't be possible. Would it! 🤔
Meanwhile Tesla has free firmware updates that continuously make the car better ! Oh well, I don't have a driveway (or the money :wink::wink::wink:)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
I agree that with the purchase of a new car they should at the very least offer a more reasonable price for remote start.
Subaru had a great introductory deal for my uncle when he bought his 2020 Subaru Outback. $375 for 7 years which came out to about $53/year for Starlink(similar to features in Hondalink with remote start and stolen vehicle recovery, etc). The offer was only available at the dealership when purchasing the car. Not every dealership knew about it for some reason until I mentioned it.

I wonder if Honda had something similar where you lock in for multiple years and you get a discount at the time of car purchase. I didn't bother looking into it since I chose the EX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts