Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4th gen Honda Fit (Hybrid confirmed by Honda) will be next and is scheduled to be shown off at Tokyo Auto Show in October.

The Odyssey Hybrid will probably come after since a version exist in Japan. It's good to see an expansion of models using the dual motor hybrid powertrain so dealership techs will be more familiar with it.

The Japanese Odyssey has some nice middle row passenger seats compared to the American Odyssey. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
The 4th gen Honda Fit (Hybrid confirmed by Honda) will be next and is scheduled to be shown off at Tokyo Auto Show in October.

The Odyssey Hybrid will probably come after since a version exist in Japan. It's good to see an expansion of models using the dual motor hybrid powertrain so dealership techs will be more familiar with it.

The Japanese Odyssey has some nice middle row passenger seats compared to the American Odyssey. :surprise:
I believe the Fit Hybrid will be produced in Mexico (?), rather than the US Plant thread here...

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the Fit Hybrid will be produced in Mexico (?), rather than the US Plant thread here...
Yes, I think the Fit Hybrid will be made in Mexico along with maybe a HRV Hybrid since both of the gas versions are made there.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't realize this until now but the HRV hybrid already exist in Japan and Malaysia. It doesn't use a push button shifter and has a different DII design. Seems like Honda has already done most of the work making a hybrid version of their most popular vehicles. I guess the factory retooling which takes time is preventing more hybrid models from being introduce in the US.

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
Looks like Honda will only carry the Fit (aka Jazz) in hybrid form as sole powertrain for Europe, fully eliminating the gas version. The Jazz competes in Europe with the Toyota Yaris, which sold 50% of its models as hybrids this year, per Toyota Europe.

Also with a nod toward the future of fully electric cars, Honda is working on a home-ready "Honda Power Charger" to charge cars to 100 percent in ~4 hours AND partnering with German-based start-up company "Ubitricity" to improve charging infrastructure.

https://thenewswheel.com/honda-electric-vision-strategy-frankfurt/

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speculative word-on-the-street is that the 2020 Fit Hybrid will only be sold in Japan and Europe, rather than the US. The guess is based on the Toyota Prius C being discontinued, and there being little incentive for Honda to fill that gap due to low overall sales for that segment.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1125395_2020-honda-fit-hybrid-with-two-motor-system-likely-for-japan-and-europe-not-the-us
I bet the Fit can be really fun to drive and get amazing mpg numbers if Honda stick the 1.5L turbo in it. If they go that route I could see a hybrid option not make sense on the Fit which is sort of an entry level vehicle for Honda.

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
I bet the Fit can be really fun to drive and get amazing mpg numbers if Honda stick the 1.5L turbo in it. If they go that route I could see a hybrid option not make sense on the Fit which is sort of an entry level vehicle for Honda.
Might seriously consider a turbo Fit it as my next car, if hybrid/electric state fees keep escalating. If I drove a traditional ICE, I could at least 'control' how much tax I pay by managing my driving distance.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Found this neat picture of the CRV Hybrid, 4th gen Fit, and Honda E. All new 2020 electrified vehicles from Honda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts