Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Does your car exhibit the same fender damage?

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this. I picked up my Insight and after getting it home, I noticed damage to both fenders. They each had an acne dot on the top of the fender. Both fenders were pushed up and outward with a little paint missing from the leading edge of the fenders. I assumed that the car had been in a frontal collision and the dealer had repaired it. When the dealership's service department looked at it, they correctly concluded that the hood had been opened too far. I then assumed that a customer had either opened the hood too far or they had allowed the wind to take the hood out of their control.
If you look at the photos that I attached you will see how the missing paint lines up exactly with the hinges and as the hinges fold, the they rise up into the underside of the fenders. This explains all the damage. Check your own cars for damage. I have submitted a complaint to Honda America suggesting that they issue a recall on the hood hinges that allow the hood to open too far and damage the fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer did take care of it. It is strange. I have not pushed the hood any since it was fixed, but I have come to believe that there is a stop, but it is not significant. I firmly believe that someone checking the car on the lot opened the hood and the wind took the hood out of their control. I'm surprised they did not break the windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts