Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my just off the lot 2019 EX through Atlanta traffic for the first time today, psyched to make the move to my first hybrid. It's a beautiful car, although I don't see any others in ATL. I've been lurking on this forum for several months and made the leap to owner this week. How are you folks listening to music in the car? Through your phones? Which service? I have an old school ipod and it is very clunky to play it in the Insight, which treats it like a USB and it doesn't seem to work entirely right. Any advice which direction to go? I have an Android phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
Congratulations on the new Insight!

I use a combination of XM Radio, iHeartradio via CarPlay and a bunch of stuff on a low-profile flash drive. You have options. For BYO music, you can't beat using a flash drive. The Insight's interface is well up to the task.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I, too, use a low profile flash drive with about 100 songs on it right now. I also copied over, with the songs, the album covers which show up on the screen. I have the EX model and sound from the flash drive is still good.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
Drove my just off the lot 2019 EX through Atlanta traffic for the first time today, psyched to make the move to my first hybrid. It's a beautiful car, although I don't see any others in ATL. I've been lurking on this forum for several months and made the leap to owner this week. How are you folks listening to music in the car? Through your phones? Which service? I have an old school ipod and it is very clunky to play it in the Insight, which treats it like a USB and it doesn't seem to work entirely right. Any advice which direction to go? I have an Android phone.
Welcome to being an official forum member and owner!

Here are some suggestions from thread that may help you explore USB audio options:

·
Registered
29 Posts
IPod Classic (6th Gen 120/180gb)

I just got my 2019 Insight one the first things I wanted to do is connect my iPod Classic to the infotainment system. In regular iPod mode it did not work, the system recognizes it, but wont play anything, it freezes. But thinking the USB port is compatible with a “USB stick” to play back music, I thought well if I put my iPod in disk mode, maybe I can have a 120 gb disk? And it worked! I was able to listen to my music from my iPod Classic thru my infotainment system and control the music and search files with my steering wheel and the system interface it self!! The only negative this that I have to manually turn on/off my iPod, if you do not, the iPod with not shut off on its own. It does charge but thru the cable, but if you leave it there for enough time, the battery will be depleted on your iPod.

Anyone know of any other way to connect your iPod classic? I know it does not appear in the compatible iPod list Honda publishes, but I do not want to get rig of my ipod classic, its been with me for almost 10 year!! And have over 100gb of music!! Jajajaj. Next I will try a Bluetooth module see if that works.

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
I just got my 2019 Insight one the first things I wanted to do is connect my iPod Classic to the infotainment system. In regular iPod mode it did not work, the system recognizes it, but wont play anything, it freezes. But thinking the USB port is compatible with a “USB stick” to play back music, I thought well if I put my iPod in disk mode, maybe I can have a 120 gb disk? And it worked! I was able to listen to my music from my iPod Classic thru my infotainment system and control the music and search files with my steering wheel and the system interface it self!! The only negative this that I have to manually turn on/off my iPod, if you do not, the iPod with not shut off on its own. It does charge but thru the cable, but if you leave it there for enough time, the battery will be depleted on your iPod.

Anyone know of any other way to connect your iPod classic? I know it does not appear in the compatible iPod list Honda publishes, but I do not want to get rig of my ipod classic, its been with me for almost 10 year!! And have over 100gb of music!! Jajajaj. Next I will try a Bluetooth module see if that works.
I think most of us have moved into this decade have have purchased a cheap, low-profile flash drive by now. You don't need to charge them, and they are solid-state. Totally worth it in terms of fitment, capacity and reliability.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
@Umol if the bluetooth module doesn't pan out and you pursue the thumb drive option hasarad recommends, there are links above in post 5 with suggestions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use CarPlay on almost all my drives, so I use Spotify through that. It works very smoothly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts