Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is one expected to access the fuses located under the dashboard on the driver's side? I have seen some wonderful pictures of the fuses while perusing the threads concerning dash camera installations but in real life I have found it a challenge to locate the fuses even though I know where they are. It is possible to find the fuses and locate things with the aid of a mirror and flashlight, but to actually expose the entire fuse panel as illustrated in the pictures that I found, seems to require some disassembly of the various items under the dashboard. This seems to be on onerous requirement if one simply wants to check on the health of any circuits or to add a fuse tap, something that many folks have done when adding after market devices. Surely Honda does not expect the average driver to disassemble the car just to get at the fuses.

Can anyone out there pass on the secret?

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
No disassembly was required to install the fusetap for my dashcam. You relly need to contort yourself in order to work under the dashboard though. Flashlights, mirrors or a cellphone camera are helpful while doing recon.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Insight EX - Platinum White Pearl
42 Posts
It's just above the hood release latch. You really need to lay on your back in the foot well to get the best angle on it. Just lay a folded towel down first.

Trunk Car Auto part Automotive exterior Cable

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Bumper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts