Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Honda Sensing is AI-based? It would be interesting to know.

ive owned the car nearly a year and after roughly 62k miles, the first 3-4 months were not good with the brake warning errors .. it’s gotten much better since then .. not saying they are not there but much less frequent.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
There's no AI in the current Honda Sensing system. Honda outsourced the technology/development and uses https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/cmbs-improvement-ideas-for-honda.2962/#post-20080']off-the-shelf technology from Bosch[/URL]. Honda chooses and programs in their own thresholds/settings.

Bosch says AI is used in object detection/recognition for their cameras, and it was to debut in cars starting in 2019. However the Insight came out in June 2018 (for 2019 model year) and I think it has Bosch's "older" technology.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Plus the Insight is an under $30k car that I doubt has a machine learning processor on board.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No AI...no machine learning... It's a pretty dummed down version of autopilot. For starters, Tesla has the grid... (I feel like I'm talking like I'm in TRON)... Tesla can improve autopilot from all the data it collects... to my knowledge, Honda doesn't collect any data from their vehicles... so basically it's all software programming that enables the vehicle to partially drive itself. Highway driving is quite nice with it...I just wish it had more torque and went around sharper corners without any driver input...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts