Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 10.0%

How often to check oil level?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mushthrulu 
#1 ·
Just found out the insight don't have oil level sensor (smh), how often do you check the oil level? Added a poll on top.

#2 ·
It doesn't have an oil level sensor but it can warn/detect low oil pressure. I check mine every few months but I don't drive a lot. The Insight doesn't consume oil at least for my driving habits. For a gas car you would normally check the oil level weekly. You could probably check every 2 weeks for a hybrid.

#3 ·
I’ve checked my oil a grand total of 4 times in 34k. Never needed a drop. This isn’t a turbo and doesn’t use the engine as often, so I feel confident checking it a few times a year. I chose monthly cause I do check it more then once per year. With any new car, it’s good to establish a record early on of whether it will be an oil burner or not by checking the oil more often at the beginning. When I determined mine doesn’t burn oil at all, I no longer feel the need to check it unless I smell something or notice a leak on the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.